MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum and nvidia 250 GTS

Discussion in 'MSI' started by bart bogaert, Jun 7, 2009.

  1. bart bogaert

    bart bogaert Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to install an NVIDIA GTS250 on this motherboard but the PC
    stalls during startup (hangs on memory detection failure). Using the
    6800 graphic card there is no issue but when installing the new card,
    the PC stalls (not even able to enter BIOS).
    PC charateristics:
    > Mainboard : MSI K8N Neo4/SLI (MS-7100)
    > Chipset : nVidia nForce4
    > Physical Memory : 2048 MB DDR-SDRAM
    > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6800
    > Hard Disk : ST3500630AS (500 GB)
    > Hard Disk : ST3500630AS (500 GB)
    > DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER DVD RW DVR-107D
    > DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DW-D22A
    > PSU Coolermaster 700W
    > Bios : Phoenix Technologies, LTD Version : 6.00 PG Date : 17 february

    2005

    Is this graphic card compatible with this motherboard?

    Thanks in advance,
    Bart

    bart bogaert, Jun 7, 2009