    Any insights are welcomed :)
    --
    Todd

    Todd, Sep 28, 2006

  2. Todd

    scsisys Guest

    If using single-sided modules, then it will run in dual channel with all
    slots filled.

    If using double-sided modules, then it will not run in dual channel
    mode with all slots filled.

    The manual (pg. 2-8) has a chart of the various combinations of memory
    that can used in different slot combinations.

    "Todd" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard and have a question. I

    want to add another
    > gig of ram to
    > the two 512 sticks I already have in it. Will this board still operate in

    dual channel
    > mode if I have four 512 sticks in it? Does it ratchet the memory speed

    down to 333 MHz
    > from its current 400 MHz? I read a review of this board on Hard [OC] and

    they said the
    > board refused to boot when filled with four 512 sticks of ram.
    >
    > Also, I have bios version 1.B0. Should I upgrade to the latest bios

    and is there any

    scsisys, Sep 28, 2006

  3. Todd

    Todd Guest

    Where on earth are you supposed to get single sided ram anymore?

    The thing about this is that I am getting conflicting reports from people on these
    questions. AnandTech has a forum thread dedicated entirely to this motherboard and it is
    REALLY long--37 pages worth. (Ask me how I know.) Anyway, I read the WHOLE thing and got
    people saying what you said, others saying it works fine with doubled sided ram, even if
    it is four 512 MB ram sticks. Others say "No, use two 1 Gig sticks of ram."

    As you can see, I'm being dragged several different directions at once :(
    --
    Todd

    Todd, Sep 29, 2006
  4. Todd

    devon Guest

    I certain that if you want 2 Gig running at DDR400, then you MUST use (2) 1
    Gig modules. This also means that you will not be able to run 4 Gig at
    DDR400.

    devon, Oct 18, 2006