MSI K8N SLI Platinum - no wake up from USB mouse or USB keyboard

Discussion in 'MSI' started by AdvarP, Apr 24, 2007.

  1. AdvarP

    AdvarP Guest

    Hello everyone,

    could someone pls tell me if there is a way to make the MSI k8N SLI Platinum
    to wake up from S1/S3 standby by USB maouse or keyboard ?

    The MoBo apppears to be ACPI enabled, however there is no Power management
    option in the Device manager for mouse or keyboard. I used a USB Logitech
    mouseman wheel (ball type) and the latest USB Razer Laser Mouse and I tried
    a DELL USB keyboard and a Logitech keyboard (both USB of crs) to no avail.
    Mobo wakes up Ok from PS/2 keyboard and mouse, the setting is active in
    BIOS.

    Would anyone have any idea why there is no power mgmt option under these
    devices considering the Mobo sis supposed to be ACPI enabled ?

    I have the latest firmware, ver A00

    Thank you

    AdvarP, Apr 24, 2007

  2. AdvarP

    AdvarP Guest

    Solved: MSI K8N SLI Platinum - no wake up from USB mouse or USB keyboard

    Found out...

    1) Micro$oft made Xp support only S1 wake up via USB devices - how nice
    2) Micro$oft realised this is silly and provided a workaround - search the
    MS KB under

    "Description of how to enable the S3 system power state for standby when USB
    devices are armed for wake"

    I tested for S1, USB worked. I made the registry change, now mouse and KB
    work for S3.

    Yiipeee...

    AdvarP, Apr 24, 2007