    with this board.
    tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
    it bypassed the PCI-E video card
    news, Aug 31, 2006

  2. news

    SP Goodman Guest

    "news" <> wrote in message
    news:dOpJg.2651$aQ4.98@trndny06...
    > anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will work
    > with this board.
    > tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
    > it bypassed the PCI-E video card

    I suspect it would make more sense to use a 2nd PCI-E card - they're
    actually made for such use aren't they?

    --
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology
    http://BuffaloScientologyInfo.com - http://www.xenu.net

    Rev. Norle Enturbulata
    "Church" of Cartoonism
    *
    * " You can write that down in your book in great big letters. The only way
    you can control anybody is to lie to them."
    * -- L. Ron Hubbard, "Technique 88"
    *
    * "...Never discuss Scientology with the critic. Just discuss his or her
    crimes, known and unknown. And act completely confident that those crimes
    exist...."
    * L. Ron Hubbard, "Critics of Scientology", November 5, 1967
    *
    * "All men shall be my slaves! All women shall succumb to my charms! All
    mankind shall grovel at my feet and not know why!"
    - L. Ron Hubbard, "Personal Affirmations"
    SP Goodman, Aug 31, 2006

  3. news

    news Guest

    how can you put a PCI-E card in a PCI slot ?

    news, Aug 31, 2006
  4. news

    SP Goodman Guest

    The K9N Neo has 1 PCI-E x16 and 2 PCI-E slots.
    http://www.msicomputer.co.uk/products.aspx?product_id=703670

    SP Goodman, Aug 31, 2006
  5. news

    Dave P Guest

    "news" <> wrote in message
    > anyone know if adding a second graphics card to get 4 monitors will work
    > with this board.
    > tried a ATI PCI card and it didnt work.
    > it bypassed the PCI-E video card

    I run 3 dual head cards with my K9N Platinum, 6 monitors.
    1 PCI-E 16
    and 2 PCI's
    All 3 Nvidia chipsets.
    Was running 6 monitors with my K8T Neo also. Just swapped out the AGP for
    PCI-E with this board.

    DaveP
    Dave P, Sep 1, 2006
  6. news

    news Guest

    non SLI mode ?
    assuming platinum is SLI

    i think the issue is with ATI card drivers/install software
    they suck and get confused with 2 ATI cards

    news, Sep 1, 2006