MSI K9N4 SLI board- Memory Installation

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Eric, Nov 23, 2007.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    The memory installation part of the manual is a little sketchy. I put a 1
    gig memory module in slot 1 and slot 3. Is this right? The manual simply
    says to use slot 1 first. The pics show 1-3 and 2-4 combinations (I think).

    Thanks

    1. Advertising

  2. M. Ziegler

    M. Ziegler Guest

    Eric schrieb:
    > The memory installation part of the manual is a little sketchy. I put a 1
    > gig memory module in slot 1 and slot 3. Is this right? The manual simply
    > says to use slot 1 first. The pics show 1-3 and 2-4 combinations (I think).
    >
    > Thanks

    Slot 1 and 2. Dual Channel works with my K9N Neo V2.

    Michael

    1. Advertising

  3. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Eric wrote:
    > The memory installation part of the manual is a little sketchy. I put a 1
    > gig memory module in slot 1 and slot 3. Is this right? The manual simply
    > says to use slot 1 first. The pics show 1-3 and 2-4 combinations (I think).
    >
    > Thanks

    If you don't like the information in your user manual, try
    running a benchmark program that measures memory bandwidth.
    Install DIMMs in 1 and 3. Test the bandwidth. Move DIMMs to 1 and 2.
    Retest and compare results. You'll soon be able to verify
    which config is the right one.

    Paul