MSI P965 Neo-F Front Panel Audio problems

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Matt, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Hi

    I recently purchased a MSI P965 mainboard and a Thermaltake Matrix VX case.
    Everything works fine except the front panel audio connectors of the
    case. The mainboard manual says that the connector is compatible with
    Intel Front Panel I/O Design. I believe, the front audio of the
    Thermaltake case is AC97 style.

    The case has the following (separate) pins:

    MIC-VCC
    MIC-IN
    GND
    EAR L
    EAR R
    LINE L
    LINE R

    On the mainboard the pins are named as follows:

    1 PORT 1L
    2 GND
    3 PORT 1R
    4 PRESENCE#
    5 PORT 2R
    6 SENSE1_RETURN
    7 SENSE_SEND
    8 KEY
    9 PORT 2L
    10 SENSE2_RETURN

    I've tried the following configuration so far:

    MIC-VCC 3
    MIC-IN 1
    GND 2
    EAR L 10
    EAR R 6
    LINE L 9
    LINE R 5

    I also activated AC97 front panel support in the Realtek audio
    configuration panel.
    Unfortunately, nothing happens when I plug in headphones, there's still
    sound on the speakers and no sound in the headphones.

    If you know how it has to be configured correctly, please enlighten me.

    Matt
    Matt, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Matt

    sazwqa

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    [solution]

    Hi there,

    I have the same kinda problem, did u find any solution to yours ?

    ~sazwqa
    sazwqa, Jan 4, 2008