Multi-word DMA Mode 2 on K7VTA3

Discussion in 'ECS' started by Stimpy, Aug 20, 2006.

  1. Stimpy

    Stimpy Guest

    Hi,

    I'm putted together a computer with some spare parts, including the K7VTA3
    Ver. 8. The first thing I noticed was the harddrive seems very slow. I
    checked under Device Manager and it showed the HD is only operating at Mode
    2. HD Tach showed the transfer rate of about 16MB/s.

    How can I get the 100MB/s that my HD is reportedly capable of?

    Thanks in advance

    1. Advertising

  2. Stimpy

    Stimpy Guest

    Never mind.

    Doh! The DMA setting was turned off in BIOS somehow.