My laptop power meter thinks it's plugged in even when it's not.

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by David Yip, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. David Yip

    David Yip Guest

    Hi:

    I'm having a problem with my power meter under Windows 2000. Even
    though it's running off of the battery, it still thinks it's plugged
    into AC power. I've tried rebooting and it's the same. Any ideas on
    how to fix this?

    thanks,
    David

    1. Advertising

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "David Yip" <> wrote in message
    | Hi:
    |
    | I'm having a problem with my power meter under Windows 2000. Even
    | though it's running off of the battery, it still thinks it's plugged
    | into AC power. I've tried rebooting and it's the same. Any ideas on
    | how to fix this?
    |
    | thanks,
    | David

    What laptop?

    I am running an IBM T21 with win2k and have no issues.

    1. Advertising

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > "David Yip" <> wrote in message
    > | Hi:
    > |
    > | I'm having a problem with my power meter under Windows 2000. Even
    > | though it's running off of the battery, it still thinks it's plugged
    > | into AC power. I've tried rebooting and it's the same. Any ideas on
    > | how to fix this?
    > |
    > | thanks,
    > | David
    >
    > What laptop?
    >
    > I am running an IBM T21 with win2k and have no issues.

    I have a similar problem with an old Dell PCiA win98se.
    Remove/replace the battery fixes it temporarily.
    Seems to be related to going in to suspend mode.
    My battery is not very good, so that might be an issue.
    mike

    laptops and parts Test Equipment
    4in/400Wout ham linear amp.
    Honda CB-125S
    400cc Dirt Bike 2003 miles $450
    Police Scanner, Color LCD overhead projector
    Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser