My old Compaq Armada 1585DMT laptop/notebook/lappy...

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Ant, Feb 24, 2013.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    .... I used it almost daily in college. Yesterday, I pulled it out to see
    if it still works. Heh, I snicker/chucked at its 32 MB of RAM, Windows
    95 OSR2, my customized multi-config DOS boot menu, my animated Star Trek
    LCAR boot loader, my customized animated Windows icons, etc. It is crazy
    to see how thick and heavy this lappy is! Sheesh.

    FYI on its specifications from my old text file: Intel Pentium MMX 150
    Mhz with 32 MB of DIMM EDO RAM, 256k cache, 12" 16-bit high colors
    active matrix display at 800x600, Cirrus Logic CL-GD7548 (LCD PCI) with
    1 MB RAM, ES1878 AudioDrive PnP (without a true wavetable card), 10X
    Matshita UJDCD8700 IDE CD-ROM drive, internal Compaq Armada 1500 series
    336 Fax Modem (33.6k), 2.0 GB IDE harddrive, Netgear FA510 NIC (PCMCIA),
    2-button touchpad, and Windows 95.0b (OSR2; Internet Explorer 5.5SP2;
    DirectX 8.0). Yamaha SoftSynthesizer S-YG20 v1.091t3 in Windows for
    wavetable emulation in Windows.

    Heh. It is time to get rid of it!
    --
    "It's them!... Not THEM, the giant ants?!" --Girl and Crow
    | |o o| |

    Ant, Feb 24, 2013