    I recently downgraded my laptop from Vista to Xp with a version of XP i downloaded off of the internet. Mostly everything runs smoothly, except dxdiag doesn't even recognize that there is a graphics card in, so i cant watch dvds/play certain games and install my drivers properly. I am on an alienware laptop with an ATI mobile radeon 9600/9700 (M10/M11) graphics card. Everest was able to recognize that.

    When i try to install the drivers or catalyst, it comes up with an error, then i click the error again and it says something like "failed to install. try using standard VGA driver adapter first" I uninstalled it,and tried reinstalling it again, and the same problem came up.

    Can anyone help me with my problem? It'd be greatly appreciated.

    Kmezz, Feb 23, 2009
  2. Kmezz

    Kmezz

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2009
    okay, so my friend recommended that i go to display and mess around with the settings there. then i disabled the VGA card to try to install the other card. Now if i try to boot windows normally i get the windows logo, and then it makes the startup noise and goes to black screen. When i try to boot in safe mode i just get a lot of text.

    Kmezz, Feb 23, 2009