N410C WiFi USB W200 Multiport Modification ZD1211B

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by tim111, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. tim111

    tim111 Guest

    Hi there!

    I'm trying to add USB WiFi module instead of original W200 multiport
    module. I bought WiFi with ZD1211B chipset. It's working great when
    plugged to the normal USB 2.0 port on the side of laptop. When
    attached to multiport connector, windows reports unknown device :(
    So, I decided to sacrifice one of the USB2.0 ports on the docking
    station. Basically these "docking station" usb connectors
    are routed through docking station connector from the bottom side of
    the notebook's motherboard. I found the correct pins and soldered two
    wires on it.

    Result? I tryied to connect my USB wifi module to it and it is
    completely silent, nothing happening. When plugged to the docking
    station's usb port, works fine - even with wires connected to the
    motherboard. I have checked with the scope that the signals on the
    usb wifi module D+ and D- are the same as on my wires. For the moment
    I'm completely unsure why it is not working. I'm taking power for usb
    wifi module from original multiport connector. Any ideas?

    T.

    tim111, Dec 21, 2006