Nature Tech (or NextCom) AC Adapter for the NCM-700 mobile laptop

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by hackr_d@yahoo.com, May 12, 2012.

  1. Guest

    Hi, I have 2 laptops here, I believe are made by Nature Tech, or
    NextCom. They are missing hard drive, battery, and AC power supply.
    The input is 20V/3A, and has a 3 pin connector. The label says "Power
    SPARC Mobile Server" and "NCM-700 series" right below it. The label
    says the adapter is 20V, but there is a "19V" label in front of the
    adapter socket.

    The power supply looks very proprietary and non-standard, and specific
    to the Nature Tech./Next Com laptops. The first two pins are longer
    than the 3rd pin, which is recessed. The adapter socket is
    rectangular shaped, and kind of resembles a mini 3 pin Molex.

    I'm not sure if I'll even be able to find an adapter for this. Even
    universal laptop adapters don't have the 3-pin rectangular female
    connector required.

    This is the same laptop as posted here:

    http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16726161

    I can't even find specs on the power supply. My guess is that the
    first two pins are the 20V input, and the 3rd pin is a current or
    voltage sensing pin.

    Also, it'd be nice to find a hard drive/caddy and battery. The first
    priority is obviously to find an AC adapter. I was tempted to rig up
    a power supply connector, but decided against it, as it might blow
    something up.

    I don't see too many people asking questions about the Nature Tech.
    laptop. I was also tempted to buy an entire laptop package just to
    get the adapter and hard drive.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Naturetech-...886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1baf8806

    http://snipurl.com/23h3hci

    Looks nice, but too pricy. Laptops like the Nature Tech. are always
    very pricey.

    Thanks for your help. I don't expect too many to have this. ::)

    , May 12, 2012