NE1 had luck with Biostar M7NCD PRO?

Discussion in 'Biostar' started by sdlomi, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. sdlomi

    sdlomi Guest

    This mobo(just $57.00) seems nearly a clone of Asus A7N8X. Anybody had
    good experience w/this mobo? Bad experience? I've got an XP2100+ T'bred to
    install.
    What inexpensive ram will do it justice? What I read tells me to buy
    DDR400--PC3200. But brand? Cas rating? Always used Crucial in the past,
    but all they've got is CL-3 in the 3200/400 flavor--will that be sufficient?
    Thanks for any and all help. I Plan to overclock, not extremely, but
    better than I got out of my now sold ECS K7S5A using Crucial PC 2100.
    sdlomi

    1. Advertising

  2. Skid

    Skid Guest

    Crucial is still a good choice, and a bargain. Because their ratings are
    very conservative, you should be able to run it at CAS 2.5, and it will
    overclock reasonably well. There are some reviews at www.amdboard.com in the
    PC3200 section that you will find interesting.

    "sdlomi" <> wrote in message
    > This mobo(just $57.00) seems nearly a clone of Asus A7N8X. Anybody

    had
    > good experience w/this mobo? Bad experience? I've got an XP2100+ T'bred

    > install.
    > What inexpensive ram will do it justice? What I read tells me to buy
    > DDR400--PC3200. But brand? Cas rating? Always used Crucial in the past,
    > but all they've got is CL-3 in the 3200/400 flavor--will that be

    sufficient?
    > Thanks for any and all help. I Plan to overclock, not extremely, but
    > better than I got out of my now sold ECS K7S5A using Crucial PC 2100.
    > sdlomi

    1. Advertising

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    sdlomi wrote:
    > This mobo(just $57.00) seems nearly a clone of Asus A7N8X. Anybody had
    > good experience w/this mobo? Bad experience? I've got an XP2100+ T'bred to
    > install.
    > What inexpensive ram will do it justice? What I read tells me to buy
    > DDR400--PC3200. But brand? Cas rating? Always used Crucial in the past,
    > but all they've got is CL-3 in the 3200/400 flavor--will that be sufficient?
    > Thanks for any and all help. I Plan to overclock, not extremely, but
    > better than I got out of my now sold ECS K7S5A using Crucial PC 2100.
    > sdlomi

    great board.

    I run my Barton 2500+ at 12.5 multiplier (=> 2800+).
    Using PC2100 2.5 RAM sticks at stock speed. I've used 256 Kbyte, 256
    Kingston Value Ram, 512 Crucial, and 128 Crucial in all combinations
    with no problems.