Need advice on using card reader in Aspire notebook

Discussion in 'Acer' started by JayneBartram@googlemail.com, May 12, 2007.

  1. Guest

    My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
    reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
    a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
    saucer?) on it.
    Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
    it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
    I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.

    TIA,
    Jayne Bartram

    1. Advertising

  2. litefrozen

    litefrozen Guest

    In article <>, <> wrote:

    > My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
    > reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
    > a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
    > saucer?) on it.
    > Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
    > it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
    > I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jayne Bartram

    This is from my notebook

    Aspire 5110/5100/3100 Series.pdf-

    5-in-1 card reader Accepts Secure Digital (SD),
    MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick
    (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xDPicture
    Card (xD) (for selected models).

    I think the the memory stick duo is a different size than the
    memory stick PRO. So it won't work in it.

    "Memory Stick Duo, a small-form-factor version of the Memory Stick (including the PRO Duo)."

    1. Advertising

  3. litefrozen

    litefrozen Guest

    In article <>, <> wrote:

    > My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
    > reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
    > a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
    > saucer?) on it.
    > Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
    > it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
    > I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jayne Bartram

    You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy, walmarts for about
    $20. That handle the duo.

    Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the laptop. Download it direct from the phone.

  4. Guest

    litefrozen wrote:
    > In article <>, <> wrote:

    > I think the the memory stick duo is a different size than the
    > memory stick PRO. So it won't work in it.
    >
    > "Memory Stick Duo, a small-form-factor version of the Memory Stick (including the PRO Duo)."

    Yes thanks, that's the problem. The card is way too small for the
    reader. I thought maybe I was putting it in the wrong way at first but
    the reason seems quite obvious now you explain it.

    Regards,
    Jayne

  5. Guest

    > You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy, walmarts for about
    > $20. That handle the duo.
    >
    > Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the laptop. Download it direct from the phone.

    I'll check out the direct cable, though there is Bluetooth on the
    phone and the notebook, so maybe that's an option.

    Regards,
    Jayne

  6. you use an adaptor.
    http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

    <> wrote in message

    >> You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy,
    >> walmarts for about
    >> $20. That handle the duo.
    >>
    >> Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the
    >> laptop. Download it direct from the phone.

    > I'll check out the direct cable, though there is Bluetooth on the
    > phone and the notebook, so maybe that's an option.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jayne

  7. Guest

  8. Mike

    Mike Guest

    On 12 May 2007 11:10:32 -0700, wrote:

    >> you use an adaptor.
    >> http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

    > That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

    It's quite likely one already came with your phone (I know my K750i did).

    Good luck!
    Mike

  9. Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > On 12 May 2007 11:10:32 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >> you use an adaptor.
    > >> http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

    > > That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

    > It's quite likely one already came with your phone (I know my K750i did).

    Phones take a very circuitous route into my ownership in this family.
    Though I tend to purchase them initially, I only get to use them after
    the "kids" have moved on to another model. So, though I too have a
    K750i, it's starkly short of bits and bobs. I know I should impose
    stricter terms of use but it's like trying to control the incoming
    tide. Except with my lot, the tide tends to be outgoing. :)

    > Good luck!
    > Mike

    Thanks for the info,
    Jayne