    Serial Number: IMGB12518437 (per utility readout)
    Serial Numer on case: 0024568585

    CURRENT BIOS: Intel Corp. GB85010A.15A.0028.P09.0103091412 03/09/2001
    GTS, Feb 22, 2009

  2. GTS

    Ben Myers Guest

    GTS wrote:
    > I am trying to find a BIOS update (or if none, the original version) to
    > reflash a corrupted system. The Gateway Web site does not list this
    > model. (Oddly it jumps right over it.) I found an Intel download for
    > the D850GB motherboard but it won't work.
    >
    > If anyone knows where I might find it, I'd appreciate a link.
    >
    > Performance 1400
    > Gateway E-4600 4000725
    > Board: Intel Corporation D850GB AAA49507-903
    > Serial Number: IMGB12518437 (per utility readout)
    > Serial Numer on case: 0024568585
    >
    > CURRENT BIOS: Intel Corp. GB85010A.15A.0028.P09.0103091412 03/09/2001

    "Corrupted?" What are the symptoms of this?

    If the motherboard BIOS is truly hosed and the system won't even display
    anything on its screen, then the BIOS needs to be flashed in "BIOS
    recovery mode". Most Intel-designed motherboards have a BIOS recovery
    jumper. IIRC, the D850GB as made for Gateway differs from the generic
    version only in the BIOS flashed onto it... Ben Myers
    Ben Myers, Feb 22, 2009

  3. GTS

    GTS Guest

    "Ben Myers" <> wrote in message
    > GTS wrote:
    >> I am trying to find a BIOS update (or if none, the original version) to
    >> reflash a corrupted system. The Gateway Web site does not list this
    >> model. (Oddly it jumps right over it.) I found an Intel download for the
    >> D850GB motherboard but it won't work.
    >>
    >> If anyone knows where I might find it, I'd appreciate a link.
    >>
    >> Performance 1400
    >> Gateway E-4600 4000725
    >> Board: Intel Corporation D850GB AAA49507-903
    >> Serial Number: IMGB12518437 (per utility readout)
    >> Serial Numer on case: 0024568585
    >>
    >> CURRENT BIOS: Intel Corp. GB85010A.15A.0028.P09.0103091412 03/09/2001

    > "Corrupted?" What are the symptoms of this?
    >
    > If the motherboard BIOS is truly hosed and the system won't even display
    > anything on its screen, then the BIOS needs to be flashed in "BIOS
    > recovery mode". Most Intel-designed motherboards have a BIOS recovery
    > jumper. IIRC, the D850GB as made for Gateway differs from the generic
    > version only in the BIOS flashed onto it... Ben Myers

    Thanks. I have since found it at Gateway and was able to reflash.
    (The problem was a peculiar malfunctioning of LBA addressing.)
    GTS, Feb 22, 2009