    have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if I
    search the SN. Any ideas?
    Len

    Len, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Len

    Elector Guest

    "Len" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
    >sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
    >the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
    >to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
    >I search the SN. Any ideas?
    > Len

    The sound is more than likely a Aztech Sound System http://www/aztech.ca
    which is a dead site since they are now out of business.

    However you can go to http://www.drivers.com sing up for a free account and
    then look under Packard Bell and place the model number into the search box.
    It will more than likely have the older drivers you need.

    I hope I helped?

    Elector

    Elector, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Len

    * Guest

    You need to identify your onboard sound. Try www.belarc.com or
    www.pcpitstop.com to help identify the product. You may be able to find the
    driver at one of the following locations. Happy hunting.

    www.soundcard-drivers.com
    www.driverguide.com
    www.driverscollection.com
    www.windrivers.com

    "Len" <> wrote, "I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but

    *, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Len

    Len Guest

    I found out it was a Crystal and driver guide had a driver.
    Thanks guys.

    Len, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Len

    * Guest

    Hi Len: Glad you were able to ID the device and find the correct driver.

    *, Jan 28, 2005
  6. Len

    Christo Guest

    "Len" <> wrote in message
    >I have an old Packard Bell Pentium I but no software for it. It has onboard
    >sound but I can't seem to find any way to figure out the manufacturer of
    >the O/B sound so that I can find a driver for it. Windows 98SE doesn't seem
    >to have anything that will run this. Packard Bell doesn't find anything if
    >I search the SN. Any ideas?
    > Len

    download SiSift Sandra 2005

    it has tools to tell you the sound manufacturer their website (sound
    manufacturer) will have drivers

    Christo, Mar 3, 2005
  7. Len

    RRR_News Guest

    Len,
    PriorityOne Support should have the driver downloads for your old PB. You
    will need to register an email address with them. Then look under the
    "Drivers" section> Click on Packard Bell. Under System Configuration, you
    can try using the Serial No. of the unit to find how the PC was setup when
    purchased. Since you mentioned that you don't have any software for it. I
    would take the time, download all the files needed for the unit. You never
    know, when this site may vanish from the internet.

    http://priorityonesupport.com/

    --

    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>