Need drivers for Gateway e-4000

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by Jimw, Mar 5, 2009.

  1. Jimw

    Jimw Guest

    I just bought a used Gateway e-4000 from a reseller. It came complete
    except for the harddrive, and the external stuff (keyboard, monitor,
    mouse).

    This particular computer came from the factory with Windows 2000 and
    has the registration numbers on a label.

    I have always used Windows98 on my old computers. I am planning to
    begin using Linux in the future, so I am not going to waste the money
    on buying XP, which will likely be abandoned soon anyhow. But I do
    have a legal copy of both 98 and 2000, so I'll install one or the
    other. I just installed a hard drive, formatted it and booted it to
    Dos.

    Now I'm ready to install Windows. The problem is that I can not find
    the drivers anywhere. I went to gateway.com, was referred to
    mpccorp.com. They have every model listed but skip the e-4000. The
    closest is e-4100. I tried their "enter serial number", and it was
    not found. I sent them an email and got no reply. I called them, and
    after a big runaround I was told that this computer is out of warranty
    and I'll have to subscribe and pay by the minute.

    All I want are the frikkin drivers, and was hoping to also download a
    PDF manual too.

    Does anyone know where to get them?

    (What is the key for getting into the Bios too).

    Here are the specs.

    Gateway e series

    Model: flexatxskh esx e4000
    Serial: 0029773609 -or- GTW0029773609
    Dated: 2/25/03

    Thanks for all help

    Jim
     
    1. Advertising

  2. SC Tom

    SC Tom Guest

    According to this article, it looks like the 4000 and the 4100 are close
    enough to use the same drivers:
    http://www.smartergeek.com/blog/2008/07/gateway-esx-e4000-and-xp.asp

    Here are some of them:
    http://support.mpccorp.com/apps/filelist.asp?ID=18140

    Can't say for certain about getting into BIOS, but my notebook is F2 to get
    in.

    SC Tom



    "Jimw" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    >I just bought a used Gateway e-4000 from a reseller. It came complete
    > except for the harddrive, and the external stuff (keyboard, monitor,
    > mouse).
    >
    > This particular computer came from the factory with Windows 2000 and
    > has the registration numbers on a label.
    >
    > I have always used Windows98 on my old computers. I am planning to
    > begin using Linux in the future, so I am not going to waste the money
    > on buying XP, which will likely be abandoned soon anyhow. But I do
    > have a legal copy of both 98 and 2000, so I'll install one or the
    > other. I just installed a hard drive, formatted it and booted it to
    > Dos.
    >
    > Now I'm ready to install Windows. The problem is that I can not find
    > the drivers anywhere. I went to gateway.com, was referred to
    > mpccorp.com. They have every model listed but skip the e-4000. The
    > closest is e-4100. I tried their "enter serial number", and it was
    > not found. I sent them an email and got no reply. I called them, and
    > after a big runaround I was told that this computer is out of warranty
    > and I'll have to subscribe and pay by the minute.
    >
    > All I want are the frikkin drivers, and was hoping to also download a
    > PDF manual too.
    >
    > Does anyone know where to get them?
    >
    > (What is the key for getting into the Bios too).
    >
    > Here are the specs.
    >
    > Gateway e series
    >
    > Model: flexatxskh esx e4000
    > Serial: 0029773609 -or- GTW0029773609
    > Dated: 2/25/03
    >
    > Thanks for all help
    >
    > Jim
     
    1. Advertising

  3. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Jimw wrote:
    > I just bought a used Gateway e-4000 from a reseller. It came complete
    > except for the harddrive, and the external stuff (keyboard, monitor,
    > mouse).
    >
    > This particular computer came from the factory with Windows 2000 and
    > has the registration numbers on a label.
    >
    > I have always used Windows98 on my old computers. I am planning to
    > begin using Linux in the future, so I am not going to waste the money
    > on buying XP, which will likely be abandoned soon anyhow. But I do
    > have a legal copy of both 98 and 2000, so I'll install one or the
    > other. I just installed a hard drive, formatted it and booted it to
    > Dos.
    >
    > Now I'm ready to install Windows. The problem is that I can not find
    > the drivers anywhere. I went to gateway.com, was referred to
    > mpccorp.com. They have every model listed but skip the e-4000. The
    > closest is e-4100. I tried their "enter serial number", and it was
    > not found. I sent them an email and got no reply. I called them, and
    > after a big runaround I was told that this computer is out of warranty
    > and I'll have to subscribe and pay by the minute.
    >
    > All I want are the frikkin drivers, and was hoping to also download a
    > PDF manual too.
    >
    > Does anyone know where to get them?
    >
    > (What is the key for getting into the Bios too).
    >
    > Here are the specs.
    >
    > Gateway e series
    >
    > Model: flexatxskh esx e4000
    > Serial: 0029773609 -or- GTW0029773609
    > Dated: 2/25/03
    >
    > Thanks for all help
    >
    > Jim


    Jim,

    First of all, the E-4000 computer probably has an XP Pro service tag on
    it. Do not even think about installing Windows 98 on it. The software
    is too old for a decent Pentium 4-class computer.

    Second, according to an old review I found, the system uses and Intel
    845 chipset and probably has Intel 845 graphics, too. The board is most
    likely an Intel-made 845-series flashed with a Gateway BIOS. These
    boards typically used Intel's own gigabit Ethernet chip. You can find
    drivers on the Intel web site, using those for most any 845 chipset
    board in the microATX form factor.

    Third, well before Acer bought Gateway, Gateway sold off its
    "professional" computer line including all maintenance, spares, warranty
    service etc to MPC, who, I believe, are in Chapter 11. So much for
    getting useful vendor help! But this is a decently made computer. I
    have serviced similar Gateway models.

    Fourth, the F2 key should get you into the BIOS... Ben Myers
     
  4. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    SC Tom wrote:
    > According to this article, it looks like the 4000 and the 4100 are close
    > enough to use the same drivers:
    > http://www.smartergeek.com/blog/2008/07/gateway-esx-e4000-and-xp.asp
    >
    > Here are some of them:
    > http://support.mpccorp.com/apps/filelist.asp?ID=18140
    >
    > Can't say for certain about getting into BIOS, but my notebook is F2 to get
    > in.
    >
    > SC Tom
    >
    >
    >
    > "Jimw" <> wrote in message
    > news:p...
    >> I just bought a used Gateway e-4000 from a reseller. It came complete
    >> except for the harddrive, and the external stuff (keyboard, monitor,
    >> mouse).
    >>
    >> This particular computer came from the factory with Windows 2000 and
    >> has the registration numbers on a label.
    >>
    >> I have always used Windows98 on my old computers. I am planning to
    >> begin using Linux in the future, so I am not going to waste the money
    >> on buying XP, which will likely be abandoned soon anyhow. But I do
    >> have a legal copy of both 98 and 2000, so I'll install one or the
    >> other. I just installed a hard drive, formatted it and booted it to
    >> Dos.
    >>
    >> Now I'm ready to install Windows. The problem is that I can not find
    >> the drivers anywhere. I went to gateway.com, was referred to
    >> mpccorp.com. They have every model listed but skip the e-4000. The
    >> closest is e-4100. I tried their "enter serial number", and it was
    >> not found. I sent them an email and got no reply. I called them, and
    >> after a big runaround I was told that this computer is out of warranty
    >> and I'll have to subscribe and pay by the minute.
    >>
    >> All I want are the frikkin drivers, and was hoping to also download a
    >> PDF manual too.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know where to get them?
    >>
    >> (What is the key for getting into the Bios too).
    >>
    >> Here are the specs.
    >>
    >> Gateway e series
    >>
    >> Model: flexatxskh esx e4000
    >> Serial: 0029773609 -or- GTW0029773609
    >> Dated: 2/25/03
    >>
    >> Thanks for all help
    >>
    >> Jim

    >
    >


    Agreed. Those drivers are close enough. The 4100 uses an Intel 865
    chipset, ever so slightly advanced over the 845. SoundMax and Intel
    Ethernet are the same between the two, and it is likely that the
    865-oriented video drivers will install properly, too.

    I have never tried installing 865 drivers on an 845 machine, but I have
    a similar experiment planned for tomorrow or the weekend, to deal some
    upgrade and replacement scenarios among my clients... Ben
     
  5. Nelson Ogden

    Nelson Ogden Guest

    Not all of the drivers will work. You will at least have to load the correct
    4000 video drivers. My employer uses both E-4000 and E-4100 computers. When
    I get a chance, I will copy the drivers that we have for the 4000. I know we
    have the original discs for them. We have probably a hundred computers or so
    of each model. Both the 4000 and 4100s are excellent machines, except that
    the 4100 has a problem with motherboard capacitors going out. I have
    replaced all the caps in most of our 4100s.

    I'll try to find our drivers. Maybe I can make an ISO of the driver CD.
    There may even be a manual on that CD.

    -Nelson

    "SC Tom" <> wrote in message
    news:SYUrl.21857$...
    > According to this article, it looks like the 4000 and the 4100 are close
    > enough to use the same drivers:
    > http://www.smartergeek.com/blog/2008/07/gateway-esx-e4000-and-xp.asp
    >
    > Here are some of them:
    > http://support.mpccorp.com/apps/filelist.asp?ID=18140
    >
    > Can't say for certain about getting into BIOS, but my notebook is F2 to

    get
    > in.
    >
    > SC Tom
     
  6. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Nelson Ogden wrote:
    > Not all of the drivers will work. You will at least have to load the correct
    > 4000 video drivers. My employer uses both E-4000 and E-4100 computers. When
    > I get a chance, I will copy the drivers that we have for the 4000. I know we
    > have the original discs for them. We have probably a hundred computers or so
    > of each model. Both the 4000 and 4100s are excellent machines, except that
    > the 4100 has a problem with motherboard capacitors going out. I have
    > replaced all the caps in most of our 4100s.
    >
    > I'll try to find our drivers. Maybe I can make an ISO of the driver CD.
    > There may even be a manual on that CD.
    >
    > -Nelson
    >
    > "SC Tom" <> wrote in message
    > news:SYUrl.21857$...
    >> According to this article, it looks like the 4000 and the 4100 are close
    >> enough to use the same drivers:
    >> http://www.smartergeek.com/blog/2008/07/gateway-esx-e4000-and-xp.asp
    >>
    >> Here are some of them:
    >> http://support.mpccorp.com/apps/filelist.asp?ID=18140
    >>
    >> Can't say for certain about getting into BIOS, but my notebook is F2 to

    > get
    >> in.
    >>
    >> SC Tom

    >
    >


    Video and chipset drivers are different between the 4000 (845 chipset)
    and the 4100 (865). The 865 chipset drivers downloaded from the INTEL
    web site are more comprehensive than whatever might be on the Gateway
    web site, and work also with the 845. But while at the Intel web site,
    one might as well download the 845 drivers... Ben Myers
     
  7. Nelson Ogden

    Nelson Ogden Guest

    Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.

    Here is what I have:

    Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso
    Applications Disc #2 (30 MB):
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso
    Documentation CD (89 MB):
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso
    Driver CD (201 MB, WinRar Format):
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar
    Windows 2000 Install CD (367 MB):
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso

    Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
    downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server. I
    will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them, though.

    I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer is
    plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.

    You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
    compress it so it would download faster.

    Let me know if you have any questions.

    Have fun,
    Nelson
     
  8. Jimw

    Jimw Guest

    Hi Nelson

    Thanks so much for this help.
    I'm on dialup so downloading these is just not possible. I live in a
    rural area and that is all we have here.

    On the other hand, I have a friend in the city who has high speed. I
    will try to contact him tomorrow and have him download them and burn
    me CDs.

    I just installed PC-Linux on it and it works, but even for that I need
    the video drivers because I am not getting the correct resolution. I
    can now install both Linux and Win2000 when I get it all together. I
    kind of like Linux, but it's hard to get used to.

    I'll let you know when my friend gets these. Thanks so much !!!

    I'm glad I dont have the 4100 if it has that cap problem. Seems to be
    a problem on many newer motherboards. I had one older MB go up in
    smoke some years ago from that. Whaty amazes me is that many old tube
    radios and tvs from the 1950s thru 90's still work fine with their old
    caps, as well as the old computers from the 80s. They just dont make
    anything good anymore !!! Heck these computers are less than 5 years
    old. Of course I know these are cheap imported junk caps.

    Thanks again !!!!

    Jim


    On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:56:16 -0500, "Nelson Ogden"
    <> wrote:

    >Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.
    >
    >Here is what I have:
    >
    >Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso
    >Applications Disc #2 (30 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso
    >Documentation CD (89 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso
    >Driver CD (201 MB, WinRar Format):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar
    >Windows 2000 Install CD (367 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso
    >
    >Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
    >downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server. I
    >will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them, though.
    >
    >I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer is
    >plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.
    >
    >You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
    >compress it so it would download faster.
    >
    >Let me know if you have any questions.
    >
    >Have fun,
    >Nelson
    >
     
  9. Ben Myers

    Ben Myers Guest

    Jimw wrote:
    > Hi Nelson
    >
    > Thanks so much for this help.
    > I'm on dialup so downloading these is just not possible. I live in a
    > rural area and that is all we have here.
    >
    > On the other hand, I have a friend in the city who has high speed. I
    > will try to contact him tomorrow and have him download them and burn
    > me CDs.
    >
    > I just installed PC-Linux on it and it works, but even for that I need
    > the video drivers because I am not getting the correct resolution. I
    > can now install both Linux and Win2000 when I get it all together. I
    > kind of like Linux, but it's hard to get used to.
    >
    > I'll let you know when my friend gets these. Thanks so much !!!
    >
    > I'm glad I dont have the 4100 if it has that cap problem. Seems to be
    > a problem on many newer motherboards. I had one older MB go up in
    > smoke some years ago from that. Whaty amazes me is that many old tube
    > radios and tvs from the 1950s thru 90's still work fine with their old
    > caps, as well as the old computers from the 80s. They just dont make
    > anything good anymore !!! Heck these computers are less than 5 years
    > old. Of course I know these are cheap imported junk caps.
    >
    > Thanks again !!!!
    >
    > Jim
    >
    >
    > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:56:16 -0500, "Nelson Ogden"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.
    >>
    >> Here is what I have:
    >>
    >> Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
    >> http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso
    >> Applications Disc #2 (30 MB):
    >> http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso
    >> Documentation CD (89 MB):
    >> http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso
    >> Driver CD (201 MB, WinRar Format):
    >> http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar
    >> Windows 2000 Install CD (367 MB):
    >> http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso
    >>
    >> Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
    >> downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server. I
    >> will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them, though.
    >>
    >> I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer is
    >> plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.
    >>
    >> You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
    >> compress it so it would download faster.
    >>
    >> Let me know if you have any questions.
    >>
    >> Have fun,
    >> Nelson
    >>

    >


    Well, the same mindset responsible for contaminated toothpaste, cough
    syrup and pharmaceuticals among other things is responsible for most of
    the bad caps in the last ten years. You can determine the quality of a
    company by its web site and its documentation. Some of these companies
    have neither, because they simply want to shovel product out the door
    and never hear from a customer again until the next order. Or if you
    get the printed product documentation and it does not have a copyright
    statement or any info at all indicating the company that produced the
    product.

    Lack of regulation and oversight in the pharma and food industries kills
    people. Lack of quality control checks in the computer industry means a
    lot of bad product out there, but hopefully no deaths due to a capacitor
    blowing up and wrecking the computer controlling a satellite launch.

    This is the price that we all pay for a business mindset in THIS country
    that outsources to shave pennies off the cost of a product and ends up
    with a shoddy sack of crap for a product. Welcome to the wonderful
    modern world of globalization.

    .... Ben Myers
     
  10. Nelson Ogden

    Nelson Ogden Guest

    Jim, I know what you mean about dial-up. That is what I have at home. I hope
    your friend has been able to download these ISOs, my Internet connection was
    down yesterday for some time.

    There are a few different video drivers on the drivers CD. If I get a chance
    when I'm back in the office on Tuesday, I will see which driver the 4000
    uses and just post that driver. That way, you can download it much faster if
    your friend does not get the ISOs downloaded first.

    Does your computer have an AGP video card or just integrated graphics?

    I also know what you mean about older caps. I, too, have older equipment
    that has most of the original caps and still works just fine. I have also
    been noticing how much smaller electrolytic capacitors are now than they
    used to be. I just replaced the filter caps in a musician's amplifier that
    were probably thirty years old. I found some equivalent capacitors in my
    junk box that were much older and about twice the size of the amp's
    capacitors. I ordered new capacitors for the amp and they are about half the
    size of the amp's capacitors for the same voltage and capacity. I wonder if
    it is such a good idea to make them so small! The new motherboards have even
    tinier caps than boards five years old. They are supposed to last much
    longer than the older ones, but I'm not so sure about that. I think that the
    new caps' cases have just been redesigned so that they can't "bulge", and
    therefore, can't be blamed so easily for the motherboard's failure.
    Nelson


    "Jimw" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Nelson
    >
    > Thanks so much for this help.
    > I'm on dialup so downloading these is just not possible. I live in a
    > rural area and that is all we have here.
    >
    > On the other hand, I have a friend in the city who has high speed. I
    > will try to contact him tomorrow and have him download them and burn
    > me CDs.
    >
    > I just installed PC-Linux on it and it works, but even for that I need
    > the video drivers because I am not getting the correct resolution. I
    > can now install both Linux and Win2000 when I get it all together. I
    > kind of like Linux, but it's hard to get used to.
    >
    > I'll let you know when my friend gets these. Thanks so much !!!
    >
    > I'm glad I dont have the 4100 if it has that cap problem. Seems to be
    > a problem on many newer motherboards. I had one older MB go up in
    > smoke some years ago from that. Whaty amazes me is that many old tube
    > radios and tvs from the 1950s thru 90's still work fine with their old
    > caps, as well as the old computers from the 80s. They just dont make
    > anything good anymore !!! Heck these computers are less than 5 years
    > old. Of course I know these are cheap imported junk caps.
    >
    > Thanks again !!!!
    >
    > Jim
     
  11. On Mar 14, 8:01 pm, Ben Myers <> wrote:
    > Jimw wrote:
    > > Hi Nelson

    >
    > > Thanks so much for this help.  
    > > I'm on dialup so downloading these is just not possible.  I live in a
    > > rural area and that is all we have here.

    >
    > > On the other hand, I have a friend in the city who has high speed.  I
    > > will try to contact him tomorrow and have him download them and burn
    > > me CDs.

    >
    > > I just installed PC-Linux on it and it works, but even for that I need
    > > the video drivers because I am not getting the correct resolution.  I
    > > can now install both Linux and Win2000 when I get it all together.  I
    > > kind of like Linux, but it's hard to get used to.

    >
    > > I'll let you know when my friend gets these.  Thanks so much !!!

    >
    > > I'm glad I dont have the 4100 if it has that cap problem.  Seems to be
    > > a problem on many newer motherboards.  I had one older MB go up in
    > > smoke some years ago from that.  Whaty amazes me is that many old tube
    > > radios and tvs from the 1950s thru 90's still work fine with their old
    > > caps, as well as the old computers from the 80s.  They just dont make
    > > anything good anymore !!!  Heck these computers are less than 5 years
    > > old.  Of course I know these are cheap imported junk caps.

    >
    > > Thanks again !!!!

    >
    > > Jim

    >
    > > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:56:16 -0500, "Nelson Ogden"
    > > <> wrote:

    >
    > >> Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.

    >
    > >> Here is what I have:

    >
    > >> Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
    > >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso
    > >> Applications Disc #2 (30 MB):
    > >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso
    > >> Documentation CD (89 MB):
    > >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso
    > >> Driver CD (201 MB, WinRar Format):
    > >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar
    > >> Windows 2000 Install CD (367 MB):
    > >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso

    >
    > >> Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
    > >> downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server.. I
    > >> will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them, though.

    >
    > >> I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer is
    > >> plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.

    >
    > >> You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
    > >> compress it so it would download faster.

    >
    > >> Let me know if you have any questions.

    >
    > >> Have fun,
    > >> Nelson

    >
    > Well, the same mindset responsible for contaminated toothpaste, cough
    > syrup and pharmaceuticals among other things is responsible for most of
    > the bad caps in the last ten years.  You can determine the quality of a
    > company by its web site and its documentation.  Some of these companies
    > have neither, because they simply want to shovel product out the door
    > and never hear from a customer again until the next order.  Or if you
    > get the printed product documentation and it does not have a copyright
    > statement or any info at all indicating the company that produced the
    > product.
    >
    > Lack of regulation and oversight in the pharma and food industries kills
    > people.  Lack of quality control checks in the computer industry means a
    > lot of bad product out there, but hopefully no deaths due to a capacitor
    > blowing up and wrecking the computer controlling a satellite launch.
    >
    > This is the price that we all pay for a business mindset in THIS country
    > that outsources to shave pennies off the cost of a product and ends up
    > with a shoddy sack of crap for a product.  Welcome to the wonderful
    > modern world of globalization.
    >
    > ... Ben Myers


    Yep, crap begats crap.
     
  12. aplados

    aplados

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Could you please leave the iso files up for another day or two. It's now April 17th. Can you? Thanks if you can.

    I just downloaded the winrar drivers files. it is corrupt as well as the documentation iso. So I'm guessing everything else is corrupt too.
     
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  13. Jimw

    Jimw Guest

    ATTN NELSON (was: Need drivers for Gateway e-4000)

    On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:56:16 -0500, "Nelson Ogden"
    <> wrote:

    >Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.
    >
    >Here is what I have:
    >
    >Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso
    >Applications Disc #2 (30 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso
    >Documentation CD (89 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso
    >Driver CD (201 MB, WinRar Format):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar
    >Windows 2000 Install CD (367 MB):
    >http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso
    >
    >Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
    >downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server. I
    >will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them, though.
    >
    >I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer is
    >plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.
    >
    >You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
    >compress it so it would download faster.
    >
    >Let me know if you have any questions.
    >
    >Have fun,
    >Nelson
    >


    Nelson

    Thanks for posting these. Because I am on dialup, I had a friend
    download them and mail them to me. I am finally getting around to
    them. The ISO files all appear to be fine, but that RAR file will not
    open. It may be the software I am using, since I rarely deal with RAR
    files. I tried the older version of Winzip I have installed in both
    Win98 and Win2K. I also tried a thing called ZIP TOOLS, which is also
    older, but is supposed to open any compressed file. Could you please
    check that file and tell me what software was used to compress it. Of
    course this is the drivers file, which is the one I likely need the
    most for that computer. If all else fails, maybe you can post the
    actual ISO file instead, but lets see if I just need other software to
    open it first.

    Thanks

    Jimw
     
  14. Re: ATTN NELSON (was: Need drivers for Gateway e-4000)

    On Sat, 02 May 2009 16:41:11 -0500, Jimw wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:56:16 -0500, "Nelson Ogden"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jim, I made ISOs of our discs for the E-4000 if you still need them.
    >>
    >>Here is what I have:
    >>
    >>Applications Disc #1 (654 MB):
    >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps1.iso Applications Disc
    >>#2 (30 MB):
    >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/apps2.iso Documentation CD
    >>(89 MB):
    >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/docs.iso Driver CD (201 MB,
    >>WinRar Format):
    >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.rar Windows 2000
    >>Install CD (367 MB):
    >>http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/w2ksp2.iso
    >>
    >>Let me know if this works. Also let me know when you have finished
    >>downloading what you need because I don't have much space on my server.
    >>I will leave them up as long as I can in case anyone else needs them,
    >>though.
    >>
    >>I would recommend staying with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. This computer
    >>is plenty powerful enough to handle either of these OS'es.
    >>
    >>You will have to extract the drivers CD ISO with WinRar. I was able to
    >>compress it so it would download faster.
    >>
    >>Let me know if you have any questions.
    >>
    >>Have fun,
    >>Nelson
    >>
    >>

    > Nelson
    >
    > Thanks for posting these. Because I am on dialup, I had a friend
    > download them and mail them to me. I am finally getting around to them.
    > The ISO files all appear to be fine, but that RAR file will not open.
    > It may be the software I am using, since I rarely deal with RAR files.
    > I tried the older version of Winzip I have installed in both Win98 and
    > Win2K. I also tried a thing called ZIP TOOLS, which is also older, but
    > is supposed to open any compressed file. Could you please check that
    > file and tell me what software was used to compress it. Of course this
    > is the drivers file, which is the one I likely need the most for that
    > computer. If all else fails, maybe you can post the actual ISO file
    > instead, but lets see if I just need other software to open it first.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jimw

    * * *
    JIMw,

    I am not nelson, but maybe this will help, since you are on dialup

    Winrar is the software you need....

    www.oldapps.com/winrar.php

    JR the postman
     
  15. Nelson Ogden

    Nelson Ogden Guest

    Re: ATTN NELSON (was: Need drivers for Gateway e-4000)

    Hi Jim:

    I used WinRar to compress that file. You can download WinRar from
    download.com. However, I also just posted the original ISO file in case you
    can't get the compressed version to open. It is at
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/drivers.iso

    Also, I unpacked the ISO of the drivers CD and put that up on my server. You
    should be able to browse this on dial-up. However, it might will be time
    consuming to download each driver file individually. But, if you want to
    give it a try, the folder is at
    http://www.ocsnetwork.net/etc/usenet/e4000/4drivers

    Lastly, were you able to burn the docs and apps discs? If so, I need to take
    them off my server because I need the space. If anyone else out there still
    needs them, please post and I will keep them alive until they are
    downloaded. Otherwise, I need to take them down.

    Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

    -Nelson

    "Jimw" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Nelson
    >
    > Thanks for posting these. Because I am on dialup, I had a friend
    > download them and mail them to me. I am finally getting around to
    > them. The ISO files all appear to be fine, but that RAR file will not
    > open. It may be the software I am using, since I rarely deal with RAR
    > files. I tried the older version of Winzip I have installed in both
    > Win98 and Win2K. I also tried a thing called ZIP TOOLS, which is also
    > older, but is supposed to open any compressed file. Could you please
    > check that file and tell me what software was used to compress it. Of
    > course this is the drivers file, which is the one I likely need the
    > most for that computer. If all else fails, maybe you can post the
    > actual ISO file instead, but lets see if I just need other software to
    > open it first.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jimw
     
  16. Nelson Ogden

    Nelson Ogden Guest

    Re: ATTN NELSON (was: Need drivers for Gateway e-4000)

    Jim and group,

    I am taking down the apps1, apps2, and w2ksp2 ISOs because I need the space.
    If you or anyone else needs them, please message or email me and I can put
    them back up temporarily.

    -Nelson
     
  17. gorgon

    gorgon

    Joined:
    May 28, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Greetings,
    I could really use the apps you had up on you server. I did get the rest of the files.

    I tried to email but got no response...hopefully you or someone else who has them will see this...

    Thanks in advance for any help!!
     
  18. oogiesfaded

    oogiesfaded

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Nelson, I need the drivers. I have the OS loaded but when i downloaded and burnt the iso, it loads the gateway screen with the box opening, but stays there. I need to get this done today PLEASE write me back and let me know how this goes.
     
  19. Mike Stock

    Mike Stock

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Nelson do you think you could repost just the driver's archive and the documentation iso. That would be great. Thanks
     
  20. rocky89115

    rocky89115

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hey Nelson, I was wondering if you could upload the Ethernet drivers for this motherboard.
    I cant find the drivers anywhere . I would really appreciate it.
    The links do not work anymore.

    (MFATXPNT-ESX-E4000 Gateway E-Series ) this is the motherboard i have.
     
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. TonyG
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    5,356
    rwcotton
    Sep 24, 2010
  2. mike
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    727
  3. Anonymous
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    355
    Anonymous
    Sep 3, 2005
  4. StomperX
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    486
  5. pwinggles
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    497
Loading...

Share This Page