    seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.

    I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.

    Thanks.
    Boris, May 28, 2012

  2. Boris

    Pen Guest

    Pen, May 28, 2012

  3. Boris

    Boris Guest

    Pen <> wrote in news:jq0t3d$boa$:

    > https://www.google.com/search?q=wav to mp3 converter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&
    > aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

    Well, thanks, but I did just that before writing, and they have one of the
    'features' I don't want.

    On one, I got 1/2 way through the install, and it was mandatory to install
    one of their search toolbars. No thanks.

    On another, after a full install was looking good, it did a voice over
    every 30 seconds advertising it's program. For $50, the voiceover goes
    away.

    On another, the FAQ said that the evaluation copy gave you all the paid for
    features, EXCEPT it only converted 60% of your file.

    But, I just found something that fits the bill; no toolbars, doesn't
    expire, no malware, converts entire files/folders, fast:

    http://www.intermedia-software.com/products/helium-audio-converter/
    Boris, May 29, 2012
  4. Boris

    Steve W. Guest

    Boris wrote:
    > Pen <> wrote in news:jq0t3d$boa$:
    >
    >> https://www.google.com/search?q=wav to mp3 converter&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&
    >> aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

    > Well, thanks, but I did just that before writing, and they have one of the
    > 'features' I don't want.
    >
    > On one, I got 1/2 way through the install, and it was mandatory to install
    > one of their search toolbars. No thanks.
    >
    > On another, after a full install was looking good, it did a voice over
    > every 30 seconds advertising it's program. For $50, the voiceover goes
    > away.
    >
    > On another, the FAQ said that the evaluation copy gave you all the paid for
    > features, EXCEPT it only converted 60% of your file.
    >
    > But, I just found something that fits the bill; no toolbars, doesn't
    > expire, no malware, converts entire files/folders, fast:
    >
    > http://www.intermedia-software.com/products/helium-audio-converter/

    http://www.freemake.com
    has a couple, one does video the other audio.

    --
    Steve W.
    Steve W., May 29, 2012
  5. Boris

    olfart Guest

    "Boris" <> wrote in message
    > ...that doesn't install a search toolbar, apply voice advertising every 10
    > seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.
    >
    > I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.
    >
    > Thanks.

    go to http://www.pcfreetime.com/ and d/l Format Factory.
    It's free and works great
    olfart, May 29, 2012
  6. Boris

    Alan Guest

    LAME is very popular:

    http://lame.sourceforge.net/

    The command line version should be fine for one file. There are
    multiple front ends if you prefer GUI.

    --
    Alan
    Alan, May 29, 2012
  7. Boris

    drek Guest

    On Mon, 28 May 2012 21:16:22 +0000 (UTC), Boris <>
    wrote: <XnsA0619130C9B09nospamnospaminvalid@88.198.244.100>:

    >...that doesn't install a search toolbar, apply voice advertising every 10
    >seconds or so, and doesn't convert less than 100% of the file.
    >
    >I only need to convert one 13MB file to send via email.

    Sound Recorder in Windows can do it. Loading a wav and choosing Save As
    will bring up a dialoge box with a Change option in it to vary the
    format and bit rate. There needs to be an mp3 codec installed of course.

    Foobar is free and does lots of things.

    %SystemRoot%\System32\sndrec32.exe
    http://www.foobar2000.org/
    drek, May 29, 2012
  8. Boris

    drek Guest

    On Tue, 29 May 2012 15:18:20 -0700, drek <> wrote:
    <>:

    >Sound Recorder in Windows can do it. Loading a wav and choosing Save As
    >will bring up a dialoge box with a Change option in it to vary the
    >format and bit rate. There needs to be an mp3 codec installed of course.

    TinyPic
    http://i47.tinypic.com/b7xquf.gif
    drek, May 29, 2012
  9. Boris

    Tim Richards Guest

    On May 29, 4:29 pm, Alan <> wrote:
    > LAME is very popular:
    >
    > http://lame.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > The command line version should be fine for one file.  There are
    > multiple front ends if you prefer GUI.
    >
    > --
    > Alan

    CDex?

    Open source although it hasn't been updated for years.

    Still works a treat though.
    Tim Richards, Jun 6, 2012