    where can I get a biiger had for this laptop.
    How big vcan I go?
    Thanks/ Rj Seattl

    mc99218, Nov 3, 2006

  2. mc99218

    Rick Jones Guest

    mc99218 <> wrote:
    > where can I get a biiger had for this laptop. How big vcan I go?

    One place to look might be partsurfer.hp.com - there should be a
    product number on the laptop somewhere which you would fee to
    partsurfer. that would at least tell you which disc(s) were
    "supported" on the thing.

    Supported, known to work -> warm fuzzies all around
    Supported, not known to not work -> an HPite may be in trouble
    Supported, known to not work -> an HPite is in trouble
    Unsupported, known to work -> lucky today, unlucky tomorrow?
    Unsupported, not known to not work -> there but for the grace of Turing
    Unsupported, known to not work -> no, it was not deliberate ;-)

    rick jones

    Rick Jones, Nov 3, 2006

  3. mc99218

    Ben Myers Guest

    The system is modern enough that it will take the largest notebook drive
    currently manufactured, maybe 100 or 120GB in the 2.5" PATA form factor. Beware,
    though, that there are also 2.5" SATA drives, not compatible with your system...
    Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 3, 2006