    presario or are there any nvidias that could top the ati card? I'm a
    graphics artist so I'll mainly use the card for open gl modeling and
    adobe and some game playing. My budget is limited to around 70 dollars max.
    jon, Aug 29, 2006

  2. jon

    Victor Guest

    jon wrote:
    > Is the 9250 pci card my best option for my pci-limited s4000nx Compaq
    > presario or are there any nvidias that could top the ati card? I'm a
    > graphics artist so I'll mainly use the card for open gl modeling and
    > adobe and some game playing. My budget is limited to around 70 dollars max.

    3DFuzion GeForce 6200 / 128MB DDR / PCI / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video
    Card-$39.95
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427231&CatId=319
    Victor, Aug 29, 2006

  3. jon

    jon Guest

    Victor wrote:
    > jon wrote:
    >
    >>Is the 9250 pci card my best option for my pci-limited s4000nx Compaq
    >>presario or are there any nvidias that could top the ati card? I'm a
    >>graphics artist so I'll mainly use the card for open gl modeling and
    >>adobe and some game playing. My budget is limited to around 70 dollars max.

    > 3DFuzion GeForce 6200 / 128MB DDR / PCI / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video
    > Card-$39.95
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427231&CatId=319

    Great card, the only thing is my power supply is rated at 250 watts not 300.
    jon, Aug 29, 2006
  4. jon

    KenP Guest

    If it is a quality PS, you'll probably be ok. Look at the label and
    check the voltage that is available on the 12V leg. I have a 300 and
    run a 6600GT just fine.
    KenP, Aug 30, 2006
  5. jon

    Victor Guest

    KenP wrote:
    > If it is a quality PS, you'll probably be ok. Look at the label and
    > check the voltage that is available on the 12V leg. I have a 300 and
    > run a 6600GT just fine.

    I agree.You should be fine.If you want to play any more recent games
    you'll need the extra performance.
    Victor, Aug 30, 2006
  6. jon

    jon Guest

    KenP wrote:
    > If it is a quality PS, you'll probably be ok. Look at the label and
    > check the voltage that is available on the 12V leg. I have a 300 and
    > run a 6600GT just fine.

    Here's the exact model I have.

    Power supply - 250 watt, Zinfandel PS2, Regulated
    jon, Aug 30, 2006
  7. jon

    KenP Guest

    there should be a label on it that shows the 12V leg. that is the value
    that determines how acceptable it would be. it is a decent gamble to
    try it with the current supply. a reasonable supply that would more
    than cover it wouldn't cost that much more if you don't see success.
    KenP, Aug 30, 2006