Need help finding out bios compatible with 'generic' motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by gandam2535, Nov 22, 2023.

1. gandam2535

gandam2535

so I recently had to change my motherboard as my old one got fried and so i bought one to work as a replacement with the parts that I already had.
    upon installing windows and running it for the first time it all seemed ok, but the next day, when powering on it turned off twice before finally loading into windows.
    I have searched extensively on the internet for my the model as shown in programs such as CPU-Z and Speccy but when I search in google there are no results matching the spec of my motherboard.
    I'm sure that being a somewhat old board with only bios saying it is version 1 whilst windows says it is 5 has lead me to believe that I should try to update the BIOS as this may fix the problems with powering up.
    I also noticed that the serial number shows as 'default string' and i am not sure exactly how I can fix that.
    the motherboard i have says it is Intel H310C U3E1 which supports 64GB ram, socket 1151 (currently I am using i3-8100) but i cannot find a matching motherboard. despite the apps stated above saying it is an Intel motherboard, the box I bought it in says it is JingSha, a Chinese company but that also do not have a motherboard matching the specs of my motherboard, needless to say I am absolutely stumped as to what i can do as i cannot find any BIOS that may be compatible with a board that I can't even identify with 100% certainty.
    If anyone has any suggestions or would like further information about my motherboard in order to help please let me know and i will get back to you ASAP.
    PS. I live in Southeast Asia so i may reply slowly.
    Thank you in advance

gandam2535, Nov 22, 2023
Ask a Question