Need help using Apple DiskCopy

Discussion in 'Apple' started by johnw_94020@yahoo.com, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I need to backup my Palm OS SD card, but I need it done without imaging
    the entire disk. I want only used space imaged. On my Mac (OS 9.1) I
    am lacking hard drive space (I have less than a gig) and I need to
    image my SD card disk which is a gig. I believe this is possible with
    ShrinkWrap but I cant spare the expense.

    Can it be done with Apple DiskCopy? I also have Retrospect backup, but
    I believe that backup is not the same as imaging. if all else fails I
    can use Retrospect or Drop Stuff, but I am looking for a byte by byte
    image.

    John

    1. Advertising

  2. In article <>,
    wrote:

    > I need to backup my Palm OS SD card, but I need it done without imaging
    > the entire disk. I want only used space imaged. On my Mac (OS 9.1) I
    > am lacking hard drive space (I have less than a gig) and I need to
    > image my SD card disk which is a gig. I believe this is possible with
    > ShrinkWrap but I cant spare the expense.
    >
    > Can it be done with Apple DiskCopy? I also have Retrospect backup, but
    > I believe that backup is not the same as imaging. if all else fails I
    > can use Retrospect or Drop Stuff, but I am looking for a byte by byte
    > image.

    Why were you much more vague when you asked this question 2 days ago
    under a different name?

    --
    There's nothing quite like the joy of first hearing an Alvin & the Chipmunks
    cover of Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut." "Not Now John" is especially sublime.