Need Mouse Recommendations

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Skylamar, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. Skylamar

    Skylamar Guest

    Hi. I use a Mac and my mom, who lives far away, uses a PC. She is not
    very computer literate. She wants to get a new mouse. She says her
    current mouse keeps jamming. I used to use Apple's Mighty Mouse whose
    scrollball often jammed, so I understand the problem and frustration. I
    switched to Apple's newer Magic Mouse, which I love. My mom is looking
    for something cheaper, though, and also she doesn't want a mouse that's
    wireless. I'm thinking a laser mouse might be best, but I also don't
    know if there is a difference between laser mice and optical mice, is
    there?

    Some people told me to look into Logitech mice and Logitech has three
    current models that are both cordless and laser. The cheapest one is
    $40, so I'd like to find out if there are any other mice by other
    companies that I should consider. Also, I'm wondering if there are
    older Logitech mice that may fit my mom's requirements but are cheaper
    now that they have been replaced by newer models.

    Any help is appreciated. Also, can you please suggest other newsgroups
    in which I should also post this message? It doesn't seem like this
    group has much activity.

    Thanks,

    Sky

    Skylamar, Sep 14, 2010

  2. Skylamar

    Al Dykes Guest

    In article <2010091320481187792-nothingtoseehere@movealongnet>,
    Skylamar <> wrote:
    >Hi. I use a Mac and my mom, who lives far away, uses a PC. She is not
    >very computer literate. She wants to get a new mouse. She says her
    >current mouse keeps jamming. I used to use Apple's Mighty Mouse whose
    >scrollball often jammed, so I understand the problem and frustration. I
    >switched to Apple's newer Magic Mouse, which I love. My mom is looking
    >for something cheaper, though, and also she doesn't want a mouse that's
    >wireless. I'm thinking a laser mouse might be best, but I also don't
    >know if there is a difference between laser mice and optical mice, is
    >there?
    >
    >Some people told me to look into Logitech mice and Logitech has three
    >current models that are both cordless and laser. The cheapest one is
    >$40, so I'd like to find out if there are any other mice by other
    >companies that I should consider. Also, I'm wondering if there are
    >older Logitech mice that may fit my mom's requirements but are cheaper
    >now that they have been replaced by newer models.
    >
    >Any help is appreciated. Also, can you please suggest other newsgroups
    >in which I should also post this message? It doesn't seem like this
    >group has much activity.

    IMO, buy the basic Microsoft wired USB optical wheel mouse. There are
    other good mice out there but MS mice always feel right to
    me. Reliable, too.

    As cheap as $11 (but Newegg gets you on shipping)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105091

    $20 at Staples
    http://www.staples.com/Microsoft-Wh...roduct_573109?cmArea=SC3:CG18:DP1925:CL141984

    --
    Al Dykes

    Al Dykes, Sep 14, 2010

  3. Skylamar

    Captainbob

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2010
    Messages:
    20
    Location:
    Princeton, MN, USA
    Logitech is good

    Just thought I would comment on Logitech here...the above mentioned Microsoft mouse is good too. Logitech has many models of mice out there, but I have bought several of the inexpensive ($9.99) Logitech mice and they have worked great for over a couple of years now. Laser is nice, more accurate, but optical is cheaper and for general computer use will usually work just fine. -The Captain

    Captainbob, Sep 15, 2010
  4. Skylamar

    Handy Gandy Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 20:48:11 -0700, Skylamar wrote:

    Is mom getting arthritic? She moght preffer a trackball, less effort to
    use, less clogging ( what happens to me is that my trackball starts to
    feel sort of slow, I remove the ball and clean it out--viola back to
    normal ).

    Bit pricy but a logitech can be had for as low as $25.

    Handy Gandy, Oct 10, 2010