Need some advice

Discussion in 'MSI' started by André, Oct 10, 2003.

  1. André

    André Guest

    Got MSI 6712KT400 with AMD XP2100+ and 768 MB PC2100 DDR ram..

    Question is about soundcard.

    When I use buildt in on motherboard Realtek AC 97 soundchip the temperature
    is about 42°C and CPU time is about 11%.
    When I disable AC 97 in BIOS and plugging in my "Soundblaster Live" the
    CPU time is going down to 2-4%. The strange thing is that the temperature
    goes up
    to about 53°C.

    The CPU time is when playing the same MP3 file in Winamp lite 2.91..
    If it got something to say I have Asus TI4200, and all system drivers are up
    to date.

    I'm not so sure what is the best soundcard to use maybe someone can help me
    out.
    --
    André

    André, Oct 10, 2003