    and email me the image. I need this as soon as possible. If you can
    help me I will repay somehow.

    Thanks
    zorro, Sep 1, 2006

  2. zorro

    peter Guest

    lets see if I got this right..........your going to email me a 2 page
    document...I am supposed to print it then scan it and send it back to
    you..???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    If your emailing it to me dont you already have it on your
    computer???????????/
    If your aiming to mail it ...........the stores would be open by then
    if your driving over here to give it to me.............the stores would be
    open by then
    if its a document off a website............print it yourself
    did I miss something?????????//
    peter the skeptic

    peter, Sep 2, 2006

  3. zorro

    Bill Guest

    In article <GS4Kg.505009$IK3.390959@pd7tw1no>,
    says...
    > lets see if I got this right..........your going to email me a 2 page
    > document...I am supposed to print it then scan it and send it back to
    > you..???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    > If your emailing it to me dont you already have it on your
    > computer???????????/
    > If your aiming to mail it ...........the stores would be open by then
    > if your driving over here to give it to me.............the stores would be
    > open by then
    > if its a document off a website............print it yourself
    > did I miss something?????????//
    > peter the skeptic

    Around here there are Kinkos open 24 hours a day.

    Bill
    --
    Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.
    Bill, Sep 2, 2006
  4. zorro

    Vanguard Guest

    "zorro" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I'm kind of in a jam, stores are closed and i need to scan
    > something.
    > I'm looking for someone who can print a 2 page document and scan it,
    > and email me the image. I need this as soon as possible. If you can
    > help me I will repay somehow.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hmm. It's a document which means that you are editing/viewing it
    within some application which probably has a Print function already in
    it. So print it yourself!

    Probably another feeble attempt to send someone an .exe file under the
    guise that it is a "document". Or maybe to harvest user-divulged true
    e-mail addresses.
    Vanguard, Sep 2, 2006
  5. zorro

    zorro Guest

    Bill wrote:
    > In article <GS4Kg.505009$IK3.390959@pd7tw1no>,
    > says...
    > > lets see if I got this right..........your going to email me a 2 page
    > > document...I am supposed to print it then scan it and send it back to
    > > you..???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    > > If your emailing it to me dont you already have it on your
    > > computer???????????/
    > > If your aiming to mail it ...........the stores would be open by then
    > > if your driving over here to give it to me.............the stores would be
    > > open by then
    > > if its a document off a website............print it yourself
    > > did I miss something?????????//
    > > peter the skeptic
    > >

    > Around here there are Kinkos open 24 hours a day.
    >
    > Bill
    > --
    > Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

    why do you assume i live in kinkoland?
    zorro, Sep 2, 2006
  6. zorro

    zorro Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "zorro" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I'm kind of in a jam, stores are closed and i need to scan
    > > something.
    > > I'm looking for someone who can print a 2 page document and scan it,
    > > and email me the image. I need this as soon as possible. If you can
    > > help me I will repay somehow.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > Hmm. It's a document which means that you are editing/viewing it
    > within some application which probably has a Print function already in
    > it. So print it yourself!
    >
    > Probably another feeble attempt to send someone an .exe file under the
    > guise that it is a "document". Or maybe to harvest user-divulged true
    > e-mail addresses.

    idiot. i needed it printed on paper before scanning and had neither a
    printer or scanner. FYI a sensible person did lend a hand and
    zorro, Sep 3, 2006
  7. zorro

    Vanguard Guest

    "zorro" <> wrote in message

    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> "zorro" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> > I'm kind of in a jam, stores are closed and i need to scan
    >> > something.
    >> > I'm looking for someone who can print a 2 page document and scan
    >> > it,
    >> > and email me the image. I need this as soon as possible. If you
    >> > can
    >> > help me I will repay somehow.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> >

    >> Hmm. It's a document which means that you are editing/viewing it
    >> within some application which probably has a Print function already
    >> in
    >> it. So print it yourself!
    >>
    >> Probably another feeble attempt to send someone an .exe file under
    >> the
    >> guise that it is a "document". Or maybe to harvest user-divulged
    >> true
    >> e-mail addresses.

    > idiot. i needed it printed on paper before scanning and had neither
    > printer or scanner. FYI a sensible person did lend a hand and

    So you want someone else to print it, scan it, and put it into a file
    to e-mail it to you but which you can't print when you receive it so
    you want it as a file - a file that you already have. uh huh.
    Vanguard, Sep 3, 2006
  8. zorro

    zorro Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "zorro" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Vanguard wrote:
    > >> "zorro" <> wrote in message

    > >> Hmm. It's a document which means that you are editing/viewing it
    > >> within some application which probably has a Print function already
    > >> in
    > >> it. So print it yourself!
    > >>
    > >> Probably another feeble attempt to send someone an .exe file under
    > >> the
    > >> guise that it is a "document". Or maybe to harvest user-divulged
    > >> true
    > >> e-mail addresses.

    > > idiot. i needed it printed on paper before scanning and had neither
    > > printer or scanner. FYI a sensible person did lend a hand and
    > >

    > So you want someone else to print it, scan it, and put it into a file
    > to e-mail it to you but which you can't print when you receive it so
    > you want it as a file - a file that you already have. uh huh.

    who said i'm the final recipient birdbrain?
    zorro, Sep 3, 2006
  9. zorro

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:04:48 -0700, zorro wrote:

    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> "zorro" <> wrote in message

    >> > idiot. i needed it printed on paper before scanning and had neither
    >> > printer or scanner. FYI a sensible person did lend a hand and
    >> >

    >> So you want someone else to print it, scan it, and put it into a file
    >> to e-mail it to you but which you can't print when you receive it so
    >> you want it as a file - a file that you already have. uh huh.

    > who said i'm the final recipient birdbrain?

    I must admit I'm a little puzzled. You have a document you want someone to
    print out of their computer and then scan it right back in and send it
    back to you. Well, call me an idiot too because that scenario is just
    passing the same doc around from you to them, out to printer back to PC
    and then back to you in file format like you sent it to them in the first
    place. Now I have to admit that you look like the idiot here.

    Wes Newell, Sep 3, 2006
  10. zorro

    zorro Guest

    Wes Newell wrote:
    > On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:04:48 -0700, zorro wrote:
    >

    > > Vanguard wrote:
    > >> "zorro" <> wrote in message

    > >> So you want someone else to print it, scan it, and put it into a file
    > >> to e-mail it to you but which you can't print when you receive it so
    > >> you want it as a file - a file that you already have. uh huh.

    > > who said i'm the final recipient birdbrain?

    > I must admit I'm a little puzzled. You have a document you want someone to
    > print out of their computer and then scan it right back in and send it
    > back to you. Well, call me an idiot too because that scenario is just
    > passing the same doc around from you to them, out to printer back to PC
    > and then back to you in file format like you sent it to them in the first
    > place. Now I have to admit that you look like the idiot here.
    >
    > --
    > Want the ultimate in free OTA SD/HDTV Recorder? http://mythtv.org
    > http://mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html Usenet alt.video.ptv.mythtv
    > My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    > HD Tivo S3 compared http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/mythtivo.htm

    i'm an idiot because you're puzzled?
    i do not get back a document in the same format.
    my format is a digital document, like file.txt for example.
    what i get back is an image of a piece of paper on which has beed
    printed with real ink. maybe what confuses people is why i would need
    that, but is that relevant why i need it? i just need it that's all.
    zorro, Sep 3, 2006
  11. zorro

    0_Qed Guest

    Wes Newell wrote:
    ....snip...

    > I must admit I'm a little puzzled. You have a document you want someone to
    > print out of their computer and then scan it right back in and send it
    > back to you. Well, call me an idiot too because that scenario is just
    > passing the same doc around from you to them, out to printer back to PC
    > and then back to you in file format like you sent it to them in the first
    > place. Now I have to admit that you look like the idiot here.

    Geeze Wes , have a 'heart' .

    "Things" work different inside an 'Institution'.

    One's 'Smoking Jacket' prevents the use of one's arms.

    Qed.
    0_Qed, Sep 3, 2006
  12. zorro

    0_Qed Guest

    zorro wrote:
    ....snip...

    > i'm an idiot because you're puzzled?
    > i do not get back a document in the same format.
    > my format is a digital document, like file.txt for example.
    > what i get back is an image of a piece of paper on which has beed
    > printed with real ink. maybe what confuses people is why i would need
    > that, but is that relevant why i need it? i just need it that's all.

    Geeze !!!

    !NOW!
    =I'm= afraid to admit that I'm puzzled too.

    Anyone ???

    'Jef', 'TomG' ...
    double_up on my next 'Med' drop ,
    I really need it !!!!!!!

    Qed.
    0_Qed, Sep 3, 2006
  13. zorro

    Vanguard Guest

    "zorro" <> wrote in message

    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> "zorro" <> wrote in message

    >> > idiot. i needed it printed on paper before scanning and had
    >> > neither
    >> > printer or scanner. FYI a sensible person did lend a hand and
    >> >

    >> So you want someone else to print it, scan it, and put it into a
    >> file
    >> to e-mail it to you but which you can't print when you receive it
    >> so
    >> you want it as a file - a file that you already have. uh huh.

    > who said i'm the final recipient birdbrain?

    Read your original post, birdbrain. "and email me the image". YOU
    said you were the final recipient. Duh! If you are then sending the
    file off to someone else, you could do that already. Duh!
    Vanguard, Sep 3, 2006
  14. zorro

    Vanguard Guest

    "0_Qed" <> wrote in message
    > zorro wrote:
    > ...snip...
    >
    >> i'm an idiot because you're puzzled?
    >> i do not get back a document in the same format.
    >> my format is a digital document, like file.txt for example.
    >> what i get back is an image of a piece of paper on which has beed
    >> printed with real ink. maybe what confuses people is why i would
    >> need
    >> that, but is that relevant why i need it? i just need it that's
    >> all.

    > Geeze !!!
    >
    > !NOW!
    > =I'm= afraid to admit that I'm puzzled too.
    >
    > Anyone ???
    >
    > 'Jef', 'TomG' ...
    > double_up on my next 'Med' drop ,
    > I really need it !!!!!!!
    >
    > Qed.

    Zorro can't figure out that what he wants is a file converter. He
    wants to covert a .txt file to .jpg file, for example. Screen capture
    probably won't work because the doc is larger than what shows in
    single screen without scrolling or the captured screen image would be
    too small if the doc were resized to show on one screen. Apparently
    zorro has never heard of Google.
    Vanguard, Sep 3, 2006
  15. zorro

    zorro Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "zorro" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Vanguard wrote:
    > >> "zorro" <> wrote in message

    > >> So you want someone else to print it, scan it, and put it into a
    > >> file
    > >> to e-mail it to you but which you can't print when you receive it
    > >> so
    > >> you want it as a file - a file that you already have. uh huh.

    > > who said i'm the final recipient birdbrain?
    > >

    > Read your original post, birdbrain. "and email me the image". YOU
    > said you were the final recipient. Duh! If you are then sending the
    > file off to someone else, you could do that already. Duh!

    how does "and email me the image" imply i'm the final recipient??
    your little mind just ASSumed it
    you think i needed a scan to set as my desktop background?
    someone required of me a scan of a document printed on real paper.
    DUH
    zorro, Sep 4, 2006
  16. zorro

    dobey Guest

    "zorro" <> wrote in message

    > Bill wrote:
    >> In article <GS4Kg.505009$IK3.390959@pd7tw1no>,
    >> says...
    >> > lets see if I got this right..........your going to email me a 2 page
    >> > document...I am supposed to print it then scan it and send it back to
    >> > you..???????????????????????????????????????????????????
    >> > If your emailing it to me dont you already have it on your
    >> > computer???????????/
    >> > If your aiming to mail it ...........the stores would be open by then
    >> > if your driving over here to give it to me.............the stores would
    >> > be
    >> > open by then
    >> > if its a document off a website............print it yourself
    >> > did I miss something?????????//
    >> > peter the skeptic
    >> >

    >> Around here there are Kinkos open 24 hours a day.
    >>
    >> Bill
    >> --
    >> Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

    > why do you assume i live in kinkoland?

    Why don't you either use MS Paint or similar and type the text into that
    then save it as an image, or even simpler, make your document full screen,
    hit the Print Screen button and paste it into a graphice editor (MS Paint
    would work), then save it as an image?

    Bit of stuffing around but you would end up with the same thing.
    dobey, Sep 4, 2006
  17. zorro

    peter Guest

    What are you??? 12 years old that logic escapes you??
    if your older than that your high school education was seriously lacking..or
    did you make it that far??
    I know this will be a useless exercise but here goes anyways
    you have a document on your computer that you need to print out for
    someone...you said that
    you have no printer.......so you have asked someone anyone to print and scan
    it for you.....you said that
    the only way you can send it is by Email..........the only way to get it
    back is by Email.........you wanted it fast....you said that..
    So you send me document XYZ.....I will print and scan and send back document
    XYZ.........there now you have 2 copies
    you still cant print the friggin document.......you have no printer
    You could of course email it to that Someone and he could print it for
    himself.............tada!!!!!!!!!!!

    Which of course leads people who have read all of this to believe you are a
    moron........or maybe its just a scam to infect someones
    computer................
    Out of those 2 choices which one do you believe people will be inclined to
    believe???????//
    peter

    peter, Sep 5, 2006
  18. zorro

    Vanguard Guest

    "zorro" <> wrote in message
    >> > who said i'm the final recipient birdbrain?

    >> Read your original post, birdbrain. "and email me the image". YOU
    >> said you were the final recipient. Duh! If you are then sending
    >> the
    >> file off to someone else, you could do that already. Duh!

    > how does "and email me the image" imply i'm the final recipient??
    > your little mind just ASSumed it
    > you think i needed a scan to set as my desktop background?
    > someone required of me a scan of a document printed on real paper.
    > DUH

    Your continued lack of logic is astounding. You asked someone to
    e-mail you a FILE. You never would have received a "document printed
    on real paper". If you were to then forward a hardcopy means that you
    do have a printer, so you could have printed out the document yourself
    in the first place.
    Vanguard, Sep 5, 2006
  19. zorro

    Vanguard Guest

    "peter" <> wrote in message
    > What are you??? 12 years old that logic escapes you??

    Not really. I'm sure even a 12-year old has more logic than this
    kindergarten kiddie has exhibited.
    Vanguard, Sep 5, 2006
  20. zorro

    zorro Guest

    peter wrote:
    > What are you??? 12 years old that logic escapes you??
    > if your older than that your high school education was seriously lacking..or
    > did you make it that far??

    this issue has nothing to do with logic

    > I know this will be a useless exercise but here goes anyways
    > you have a document on your computer that you need to print out for
    > someone

    no, the end result of what i needed for someone was a scan

    >...you said that
    > you have no printer.......so you have asked someone anyone to print and scan
    > it for you.....you said that
    > the only way you can send it is by Email..........the only way to get it
    > back is by Email.........you wanted it fast....you said that..
    > So you send me document XYZ.....I will print and scan and send back document
    > XYZ........

    hey pretty good, you got all that right

    >.there now you have 2 copies

    No, now i have 2 different documents:
    1- my original text document
    2- a scan of my document after it has been printed on paper

    > you still cant print the friggin document.......you have no printer

    so what, like i said, the end result needed was a scan.
    it's not logic that's missing, only your abilty
    to comprehend what is written, and you're incapacity
    to restrain yourself from making to baseless assumptions.

    > You could of course email it to that Someone and he could print it for
    > himself.............tada!!!!!!!!!!!

    After the initial post I explained 3 times :

    1)
    i needed it printed on paper

    2)
    my format is a digital document, like file.txt for example.
    what i get back is an image of a piece of paper on which has beed
    printed with real ink.

    3)
    someone required of me a scan of a document printed on real paper.

    REAL INK ON REAL PAPER. GET IT NOW?
    the fact that you don't know why i was required to do that is totally
    besides the point...so get over it

    zorro, Sep 5, 2006