    think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer fall on
    deaf ears.

    Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

    Paul H, Jun 7, 2010

  2. Paul H

    Ed Maier Guest

    On 6/7/2010 5:55 PM, Paul H wrote:
    > My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I
    > had it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.
    >
    > Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
    > likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the
    > netbook. Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk
    > back in and the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly
    > because a couple of these screws are missing.
    >
    > I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I
    > can think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer
    > fall on deaf ears.
    >
    > Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul

    Thanks, Paul. Did you need to get a return shipping authority and if so,
    how did you obtain it?

    Thanks,

    Ed

    Ed Maier, Jun 8, 2010

  3. Paul H

    Ed Maier Guest

    On 6/7/2010 8:28 PM, Ed Maier wrote:
    > On 6/7/2010 5:55 PM, Paul H wrote:
    >> My Acer netbook would not charge, even with the charger plugged in. I
    >> had it repaired under warranty. Now everything is good.
    >>
    >> Except: I took the hard disk out because they warn that they may (most
    >> likely will) erase the disk. I left the teeny tiny screws in the
    >> netbook. Big mistake! It came back without them. I put the hard disk
    >> back in and the netbook runs fine. However I cannot mount it properly
    >> because a couple of these screws are missing.
    >>
    >> I have checked everywhere - Fry's, the Geek Squad, every repair place I
    >> can think of. All the screws they have are too fat. My calls to Acer
    >> fall on deaf ears.
    >>
    >> Ideas, anyone? TIA, Paul
    >>

    > Thanks, Paul. Did you need to get a return shipping authority and if so,
    > how did you obtain it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ed

    Went to their home page and then to support. Supplied the info and they
    verified ownership, but the warranty is expired. Didn't realize I had it
    that long.

    Plan B: Requested an iPad for Fathers Day. <grin>

    Ed

    Ed Maier, Jun 8, 2010