    buy a 5870. Next gen better not get any bigger or ATI will have to
    design cards that sit outside of the case with their own PSU like 3DFX
    was planning to do.

    Antonio López de Santa Anna, Oct 7, 2009

  2. On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 21:33:33 -0700, Steve <> wrote:

    >You may save yourself some grief if you make sure the next case you buy will
    >take an E-ATX sized motherboard.

    OK, will do if I need a new case but I think this Antec I bought way
    back in 2001 will do me a couple more gens at least. Only thing I
    don't like about it is that it doesn't have any front panel USB ports
    and uses 80mm fans only. It's built like a tank though and has very
    good front ventilation. I also custom painted it some years back with
    gun metal oxide paint because it was basic beige when I bought it.

    Antonio López de Santa Anna, Oct 8, 2009

  3. On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 22:58:59 +0100, "Carl" <>
    wrote:

    >I was thinking the same thing. I had an Akasa Eclipse, and thought that was
    >a great case, had it for years, but I just replaced it with a Corsair 800D,
    >which is ginormous, and quieter than the Akasa.

    One thing is certain, no Mac could fit a 5870 so they are SoL. ;)

    Antonio López de Santa Anna, Oct 8, 2009