    example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?

    Thx
    Didipub

    Didi, Feb 9, 2004

  2. Didi

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:44:31 +0100, Didi wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
    > Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
    > Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
    > 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
    > example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?

    Yes, but a 2400+ would be a better choice.

    Wes Newell, Feb 9, 2004

  3. Didi

    raj Guest

    all you have to do is go to msi home website it will tell you it, but yes it
    will 266fsb hats what your mobo will acept you can run a 2400 on it if you
    want.

    raj, Feb 9, 2004
  4. Didi

    dgk Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:35:34 GMT, Wes Newell <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:44:31 +0100, Didi wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
    >> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
    >> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
    >> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
    >> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?
    >>

    >Yes, but a 2400+ would be a better choice.

    Doesn't it matter which version of the board? I had the Pro2-RU
    version but in order to have anything faster than a 2100 you needed to
    lop off a capacitor or something. The plain U is apparently a later
    revision and could run faster chips. I don't know what the plain Pro2
    is offhand.

    I did get a 2100 for my old MSI. It works great.

    dgk, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Didi

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:04:50 -0500, dgk wrote:

    > On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 19:35:34 GMT, Wes Newell <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:44:31 +0100, Didi wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> 2 years ago I bought a AMD Athlon 1500+ CPU together with an MSI mobo K7T266
    >>> Pro2 (AMD KT266A chipset based). Yesterday, I wasted that cpu ::damn::.
    >>> Now I want to buy a new cpu for that same mobo who supports cpu from
    >>> 800mhz - 1800Mhz according the manual. However is it possible to run for
    >>> example a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ CPU on this mobo?
    >>>

    >>Yes, but a 2400+ would be a better choice.

    > Doesn't it matter which version of the board?

    Shouldn't. MSI cpu support shows even V1 supporting up to 2600+ (266FSB
    model).

    Wes Newell, Feb 10, 2004
  6. Didi

    John DKC Guest

    Why screw around you might have messed the motherboard up too.
    go get a amd 64 and new mother board
    if amd is the flavor of the day

    John DKC, Feb 10, 2004
  7. Didi

    rstlne Guest

    "John DKC" <> wrote in message
    > Why screw around you might have messed the motherboard up too.
    > go get a amd 64 and new mother board
    > if amd is the flavor of the day

    And New Ram.. New PSU probably too.. You'll want a new HSF too as the old
    one probably wont be good enough..
    the older cases didnt have the PSU in a good spot really so you'll want a
    new case to go with it..

    Well damn..
    Why not just buy a dell?

    rstlne, Feb 10, 2004
  8. Didi

    raj Guest

    cause dell system cost tooo much, just compar the compents in dell with
    storebought and i gurantee you save lotsa a $$$ and even buy higher end
    hardware to!
    senn dell put a fx 5200 on a dell p4 3.06 wiht HT, adn y put shitty video
    cards in a highend system!

    raj, Feb 10, 2004
  9. Didi

    rstlne Guest

    "raj" <> wrote in message
    > cause dell system cost tooo much, just compar the compents in dell with
    > storebought and i gurantee you save lotsa a $$$ and even buy higher end
    > hardware to!
    > senn dell put a fx 5200 on a dell p4 3.06 wiht HT, adn y put shitty video
    > cards in a highend system!

    I was kinda having a pun at the Poster John..
    But I think Dell is not that bad of a price when you consider that you get
    the OS included and the great phone/tech support..

    I would never buy one but I think that the company isnt that bad

    rstlne, Feb 10, 2004
  10. Didi

    nut cracker Guest

    Great phone/tech support? You must be a native Hindi speaker.

    NuTs

    nut cracker, Feb 12, 2004
  11. Didi

    raj Guest

    lol i was actually born and raised in trinidad! go west indies! :)

    raj, Feb 13, 2004
  12. Didi

    raj Guest

    oh yea BTW dell sux!