    bios.....if that doesn't work, i'm stuffed.
    ANY suggestions gratefully received

    Davy Neill

    Davy Neill, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Davy Neill

    chuckie® Guest

    Bearing in mind that I have an IDE drive as my primary. Presently, I'm
    using the SATA for storage. At some point I'm going to put everything onto
    the SATA, just haven't gotten around to it. In the back of my mind I
    picture the drive becoming unbootable when I do it, but, then, I'm a bit of
    a pessimist...luck...

    "Davy Neill" <> wrote in message
    > Here's the story...i decided to build a new PC, so i have new everything
    > including the stuff above. Now, here's the problem...the bios sees the

    Sata

    chuckie®, Mar 23, 2005

  3. Davy Neill

    chuckie® Guest

    I find it a bit ironic that 'spell check' lists SATAN as the first
    suggestion for 'SATA' when sending...hmmmm...

    chuckie®, Mar 23, 2005
  4. Davy Neill

    Pagan Guest

    "Davy Neill" <> wrote in message
    > Here's the story...i decided to build a new PC, so i have new everything
    > including the stuff above. Now, here's the problem...the bios sees the

    Sata
    > drive ok (it sees it as a serial drive and knows what size it is)... it's
    > the only drive (no ide's)... during the XP install i hit F6 to install the
    > drivers (there are 4 drivers on the floppy, and i've tried every
    > combination)... the drivers install ok, BUT when XP tries to continue it
    > can't see the drive.
    > I'm about to try the suggestion below about DISABLING the Sata raid in the
    > bios.....if that doesn't work, i'm stuffed.
    > ANY suggestions gratefully received

    Try it again, but keep going down the driver list.

    This threw me off as well when I first started my install. It appears to
    have just a few drivers for Intel stuff and whatnot, and there's no
    indication that you can scroll down for more.

    Seems they use the same floppy for four different chipsets and several OS's,
    and throw the same disk in for all motherboards.

    As I was writing this, I looked at the floppy, which on the bottom of the
    label says "ps. please scroll down for more selection"

    Doh! heh

    Pagan
    Pagan, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Davy Neill

    Davy Neill Guest

    you're a genius, i'm an idiot...ta muchly

    Davy

    Davy Neill, Mar 29, 2005