    $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
    sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
    wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.
    Observer, Jul 19, 2012

  2. Observer

    Bob_Villa Guest

    On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:42:04 AM UTC-5, Observer wrote:
    > Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
    > years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
    > for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
    > $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
    > sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
    > wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

    You should be able to get an i3 4Gb Inspiron 15R for $400 or less. From Dell that is.
    Bob_Villa, Jul 19, 2012

  3. Observer

    Walmart Dell http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dell-Diam...4343705-2&adid=1500000000000036337750&veh=cse
    Bob_Villa, Jul 19, 2012
  4. Observer

    Ron Hardin Guest

    I buy from the Dell small business outlet and find
    pretty good machines there.

    Latitude 6400/6500 seem to have a 3yr warranty.

    Make up a small business name, if you don't have
    one. For some reason they always want it.

    Ron Hardin, Jul 20, 2012
  5. Observer

    Boris Guest

    "Observer" <> wrote in

    > Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
    > years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
    > for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
    > $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
    > sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
    > wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

    I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
    but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
    at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
    luck.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell - 15.6&#34; Inspiron Laptop -
    4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5023069.p?id=1218608975854&skuId=
    5023069

    or

    http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu
    Boris, Jul 20, 2012
  6. Observer

    Bob_Villa Guest

    On Friday, July 20, 2012 12:09:02 AM UTC-5, Boris wrote:
    > &quot;Observer&quot; &lt;&gt; wrote in
    >
    > &gt; Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
    > &gt; years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
    > &gt; for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
    > &gt; $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
    > &gt; sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
    > &gt; wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.
    >
    > I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
    > but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
    > at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
    > luck.
    >
    > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dell - 15.6&#34; Inspiron Laptop -
    > 4GB+Memory+-+500GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5023069.p?id=1218608975854&amp;skuId=
    > 5023069
    >
    > or
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/84hhnbu

    I've had that one (bought from Dell) for a year...no problems. (Daughter's college notebook)
    Bob_Villa, Jul 20, 2012
  7. Observer

    Observer Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0500, "Observer" <> wrote:

    >Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
    >years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
    >for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
    >$500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
    >sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
    >wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

    Just a quick thanks for all the responses.
    Observer, Jul 20, 2012
  8. Observer

    Larry Guest

    On Jul 20, 8:00 am, "Observer" <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:42:04 -0500, "Observer" <> wrote:
    > >Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
    > >years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
    > >for the wife?  Nothing fancy in useage.  I'm looking in the approx
    > >$500 or less range.  Prefer Dells to others tho.  Any recommended
    > >sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell?   I checked Dell's outlet and
    > >wasn't impressed.  I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

    > Just a quick thanks for all the responses.

    There are some dell laptops on Amazon as well.

    Larry
    Larry, Jul 21, 2012
  9. Observer

    Observer Guest

    On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:09:02 +0000 (UTC), Boris
    <> wrote:

    >"Observer" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Haven't shopped for laptops (win 7 with min 4gig ram) for several
    >> years now so before I scour the net, any good Dell laptops to consider
    >> for the wife? Nothing fancy in useage. I'm looking in the approx
    >> $500 or less range. Prefer Dells to others tho. Any recommended
    >> sites beside Amazon, Newegg and Dell? I checked Dell's outlet and
    >> wasn't impressed. I would consider Ebay under certain restrictions.

    >I got this $400 Dell for my inlaws. I also prefer Dells. Nothing fancy,
    >but it's fast and so far reliable for email/browsing, etc. I bought it
    >at the BestBuy store. I almost bought one for myself as an extra. Good
    >luck.

    After shopping around on line, I decided to not make a big project out
    of it and went to BB to buy this laptop. Like you said nothing fancy
    but it works. It's for my wife so it's plenty good enough for her
    needs. Thank you Boris.
    Observer, Jul 22, 2012