New Laptop - Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Al, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. Al

    Al Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many brands,
    so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.

    I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
    performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
    priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15", but
    I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.

    I eve thought to switch to Mac's powerbook for a moment.

    Which one to buy? I appreciate any suggestion.

    Thank you

    Al, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Toshiba or HP with Athlon CPU

    Dennis Savatski, Jan 4, 2004

  3. > I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many
    brands,
    > so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.
    >
    > I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
    > performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
    > priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15",

    but
    > I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.

    Acer Travelmate 800 series

    --
    Roland Mösl
    http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?=, Jan 4, 2004
  4. Al wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm one of the many people undecided on which laptop to buy. So many brands,
    > so many chips, and so much to choose from. It is frustrating.
    >
    > I'm looking for a machine that is: possibly less noisy as possible; good
    > performer with graphic works; not terribly heavy, but this is not a
    > priority; battery life at least 3 hours; DVD/R; widescreen at least 15", but
    > I'd prefer larger; in the budget of $2K.
    >
    > I eve thought to switch to Mac's powerbook for a moment.
    >
    > Which one to buy? I appreciate any suggestion.
    >
    > Thank you

    A variety of Dell Inspirons may suit you. Look into the Inspiron 8600.
    It features a 15.4" display with a very nice resolution and reasonable
    battery life.

    --
    - Michael J. Astrauskas

    Michael J. Astrauskas, Jan 4, 2004