    Providing Jimmy Jib services
    for Film, Video and the Music
    Industry in Kentucky
    Steve, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Steve <> wrote:
    > I'm getting ready to purchase a RT X 100 and was wondering if anyone knows
    > if
    > this is a good time to buy or should I wait and see if a next version comes
    > out (if ever).

    If the card was made by ATI or NVidia, I would say wait. Matrox is
    different. They is very slow at coming out with new cards. They may go
    5 to 8 years on one series of cards. Right now, Matrox is pumping out
    mutations of their Parhelia and G450 cards.

    Now that I said that, Matrox will probably come out iwth a sucessor to the
    RT x100 next week. :) I'd say it is a safe bet to go with the RT x100 if
    that is what will fit your needs.

    Enjoy,
    Steven
    Steven Whatley, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Steve

    Larc Guest

    On 26 Apr 2004 22:35:07 GMT, Steven Whatley
    <> wrote:

    | If the card was made by ATI or NVidia, I would say wait. Matrox is
    | different. They is very slow at coming out with new cards. They may go
    | 5 to 8 years on one series of cards. Right now, Matrox is pumping out
    | mutations of their Parhelia and G450 cards.

    Matrox reminds me of some of the better stereo speaker companies: many
    of their products tend to age gracefully, almost like fine wines. I
    replaced everything in my two systems several times since I bought my
    Matrox cards. Admittedly, I did buy a new G450 recently since one of
    my G400s couldn't handle 1.5V without a physical mod. But I was wary
    about making that since every source I found on how to do it assumed
    people were born knowing half of the steps already.

    Larc

    Larc, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Larc <> wrote:
    > On 26 Apr 2004 22:35:07 GMT, Steven Whatley
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > | If the card was made by ATI or NVidia, I would say wait. Matrox is
    > | different. They is very slow at coming out with new cards. They may go
    > | 5 to 8 years on one series of cards. Right now, Matrox is pumping out
    > | mutations of their Parhelia and G450 cards.
    >
    > Matrox reminds me of some of the better stereo speaker companies: many
    > of their products tend to age gracefully, almost like fine wines. I
    > replaced everything in my two systems several times since I bought my
    > Matrox cards. Admittedly, I did buy a new G450 recently since one of
    > my G400s couldn't handle 1.5V without a physical mod. But I was wary
    > about making that since every source I found on how to do it assumed
    > people were born knowing half of the steps already.

    Oh, I was not really complaing about Matrox in my comments. On the
    contrary, I am very happy with my 128MB Parhelia-512. It is a great card.
    Right now, I am playing URU: Ages Beyond MYST at 1600x1200 @ 32bit giga
    color. It looks and plays great for a 3D real-time rendered world. I've
    got a G450 in my Linux box and I put a G550 in the system I built for
    parents. I plan to stay with Matrox as long as they stay in business.

    As I have said many times, "Nobody does dual head like Matrox!"

    Later,
    Steven
    Steven Whatley, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I have heard that Matrox is going to coming out with a new RT 100 card and
    wondered if anyone knew about it? Is it true?

    Steve, May 3, 2004