    help!

    Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me.

    David

    news.blueyonder.co.uk, Oct 16, 2004

  2. news.blueyonder.co.uk

    Blaedmon Guest

    check on the Gigabyte site the ago slot ISNT 1.5v only. I'm not sure, but
    arent radeon 9500's 1.7v? Worth a check anyway.

    Blaedmon, Oct 16, 2004

  3. news.blueyonder.co.uk

    Billy Guest

    Did you read the very first page of
    your manual? It says it will not work with agp video card that has the 3.3
    volt or 2X notch or jumper set at 3.3 volt.

    Billy, Oct 17, 2004
  4. news.blueyonder.co.uk

    David Guest

    It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing than I
    thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My Asus and other
    previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what that square connector
    is for that I always find with the rest of the power connectors in a case!
    You live and learn eh?

    Thanks anyway.

    David

    P.S. I've got another problem, please see in group.

    David, Oct 17, 2004
  5. news.blueyonder.co.uk

    Brett... Guest

    David wrote:
    > It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing
    > than I thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My
    > Asus and other previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what
    > that square connector is for that I always find with the rest of the
    > power connectors in a case! You live and learn eh?

    Hey I did this myself just last week!
    My previos Asus Athlon mb didn't have the ATX socket either!
    I bet you felt a sudden rush of joy when you spotted that empty socket, I
    know I did!

    --

    Brett

    Brett..., Oct 19, 2004
  6. news.blueyonder.co.uk

    MoTheCat Guest

    Brett... Wrote:
    > David wrote:-
    > It's okay, I've solved the problem and it's far more embarrassing
    > than I thought: I forgot to plug in the 12v ATX power connector! My
    > Asus and other previous mobos never had one of these. Now I know what
    > that square connector is for that I always find with the rest of the
    > power connectors in a case! You live and learn eh?
    > -
    >
    > Hey I did this myself just last week!
    > My previos Asus Athlon mb didn't have the ATX socket either!
    > I bet you felt a sudden rush of joy when you spotted that empty socket
    > know I did!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brett

    So Glad I'm not the only one that did this.
    At first I looked at the connector coming out of the new power suppl
    and said "don't need that - P4 connector". And cable wrapped it awa
    with the other unused ones. Fired the rig up - no video of course.
    Unplugged every darn device on the rig, swapped out video cards an
    juggled memory to no avail. I figured I had to go return the board
    then I looked up at this lonely little connector up in the corner
    "Awww hell - I can't be that jerky". Yep - I CAN.

    Needless to say I was relieved. Just hoping starting it up that man
    times without the 12v connected didn't hose anything up

    --
    MoTheCat

    MoTheCat, Mar 20, 2005