    hard drive in the system?

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    jett, Apr 17, 2004

  2. jett

    Rivergoat Guest

    Yes. I just built the same board and am using a smaller SATA, but
    started as my only drive. Be sure the jumpers on the mobo enable the
    SATA controller, and in BIOS you can set the first hard drive boot
    device as SCSI (although it appears if you leave off all hds and
    enable "boot other device" it will also look to the SATA). Don't ever
    add another drive which has a MBR as it will try to boot first no
    matter what, I had that when I tossed in an older 30GB IDE. Once I
    wiped it and reformetted as strictly a storage drive it doesn't try to
    boot and is seen fine by the system.

    Rivergoat, Apr 17, 2004