    to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..
    Regards
    rstlne
    rstlne, Jan 31, 2004

  2. rstlne

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:44:23 +0000, wrote:

    > The core doesnt look as lenglty as it does on my Barton so I am just curious
    > to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..

    Check CPUID. it doesn't lie afaik.

    Wes Newell, Feb 1, 2004

  3. I advise you to do what Wes reccomends; get WCPUID because it doesn't lie.

    The Barton cores are higher performance at lower clock rates and have more
    L2 cache IIRC. Applebred cores have way less L2 than Bartons/Tbreds because
    they are intended to compete with Intel's Celeron processor.

    --
    Doug Whitesell
    zigspalffy33 [at_symbol] verizon [dot] net

    "rstlne" <.@.> wrote in message
    > Curious about a few thigns here
    >

    > The new Chips.. (AppleBreds, Bartons, Thoroughbred) .. that are being

    sold..
    > Are they all the SAME core..
    >
    > Just curious cause I got a 2000+ Thoroughbred for a old system as a
    > replacement and it's got this new transparent kinda case that hte
    > newerBartons and AppleBreds have..
    >
    > So it makes me wonder if they are still making the Thoroughbreds or if

    they

    Doug Whitesell, Feb 2, 2004
  4. rstlne

    rstlne Guest

    "Wes Newell" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:44:23 +0000, wrote:
    >
    > > The core doesnt look as lenglty as it does on my Barton so I am just

    curious
    > > to what hte answer is (if anyone knows)..

    > Check CPUID. it doesn't lie afaik.
    >
    > --
    > http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.html

    Yea..
    CPUID shows it as a Model 8.. so that says non-barton..
    But that just makes me wonder if these chips (at least in the unpackaged
    form) are still being stored/produced..
    rstlne, Feb 3, 2004