    best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I understand that with a
    little wiring job, the old G400 could output to RGB SCART. However, I was
    wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards that have this capability?

    -=, Nov 13, 2004

  2. "-=< a q u a b u b b l e >=-" wrote in message...
    > I'm gathering together a parts list to build a HTPC. As I'm in Europe, the
    > best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I understand
    > that with a little wiring job, the old G400 could output to RGB SCART.
    > However, I was wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards that have
    > this capability?

    Don't know for certain about the G450 and 550, although my strong belief is
    that they don't.

    Parhelia and P650/P750 definitely can't, although it is possible to wire up
    one of the VGA outputs via a sync generator and define a custom resolution,
    effectively producing the same thing.

    G400 has the best TV output quality of any recent Matrox cards anyway, due
    to separate maven chip, so if you don't need any of the extra bells and
    whistles in the newer cards, your best bet is simply to get a '400 nice and
    cheap off eBay.
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Nov 14, 2004

  3. -=

    -= Guest

    Richard Hopkins wrote:
    > "-=< a q u a b u b b l e >=-" wrote in message...
    >> I'm gathering together a parts list to build a HTPC. As I'm in
    >> Europe, the best connection I can get to my TV is by RGB SCART. I
    >> understand that with a little wiring job, the old G400 could output to
    >> RGB
    >> SCART. However, I was wondering, are there any newer Matrox cards
    >> that have this capability?

    > Don't know for certain about the G450 and 550, although my strong
    > belief is that they don't.
    >
    > Parhelia and P650/P750 definitely can't, although it is possible to
    > wire up one of the VGA outputs via a sync generator and define a
    > custom resolution, effectively producing the same thing.
    >
    > G400 has the best TV output quality of any recent Matrox cards
    > anyway, due to separate maven chip, so if you don't need any of the
    > extra bells and whistles in the newer cards, your best bet is simply
    > to get a '400 nice and cheap off eBay.

    Thanks for that info Richard! :eek:)

    Since I'll be using this for a HTPC system, are you able to comment on how
    the tv-out performs with interlacing?

    -=, Nov 14, 2004