    If so, is there any way I can tap into it?

    Man, this sucks.

    Jiawei

    Jiawei Toh, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Jiawei Toh

    Jef Norton Guest

    "Jiawei Toh" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns957FDC7C163C3jwtoh@38.144.126.79...
    |I just received an NF7-M through the mail and I have a question about the
    | header for the S-video pinouts:
    |
    | Where the &^%$ are they!? I see where they are supposed to be, but no
    | header!
    |
    | Is the TV decoder still in there?
    |
    | If so, is there any way I can tap into it?
    |
    | Man, this sucks.
    |
    | Jiawei

    Hi Jiawei -

    See page 3-19 of the motherboard manual (don't have one: download it from
    http://www.abit.com.tw).

    The S-Video connector is immediately below the ATX12V1 4-wire auxiliary
    power connector and to the right of the ATXPWR1 20-wire power connector
    (when the back panel connectors are facing away from you).

    The pinout is as follows:

    pin 1: COUT
    pin 2: no pin
    pin 3: NC
    pin 4: VOUT
    pin 5: GND
    pin 6: GND

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Jiawei Toh

    Jiawei Toh Guest

    Thanks for the reply, Jef.

    I do see where it is supposed to be: It's labeled "TV1" - a square with
    5 solder dots but no header. The manual I downloaded does indeed
    specify it, but the manual that came with the board does not mention it
    (page 3-19 is the BIOS section).

    Checking back at newegg.com, the specs on their page no longer list "TV
    encoder." Guess someone at ABIT thinks analog TV's are obsolete. Not
    on my budget!

    Jiawei

    Jiawei Toh, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Jiawei Toh

    Jef Norton Guest

    "Jiawei Toh" <> wrote in message
    | Thanks for the reply, Jef.
    |
    | I do see where it is supposed to be: It's labeled "TV1" - a square with
    | 5 solder dots but no header. The manual I downloaded does indeed
    | specify it, but the manual that came with the board does not mention it
    | (page 3-19 is the BIOS section).
    |
    | Checking back at newegg.com, the specs on their page no longer list "TV
    | encoder." Guess someone at ABIT thinks analog TV's are obsolete. Not
    | on my budget!
    |
    | Jiawei

    Hi Jiawei -

    That's interesting. My manual (and the .pdf version from Abit's download
    page) lists the S-video as optional... so I guess, for some reason, I've got
    a board with one.

    Maybe they've dropped the S-video from more recent boards???

    Sorry to hear that you've not got the connector since you need it.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Oct 12, 2004