    ports, nothing happens. I have WinXP with sp1a installed, and have
    the latest drivers installed from abit-usa.com.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Me, Oct 22, 2003

  2. "Me" wrote
    > I just purchased the nf7-s motherboard (rev. 2.0) and everything seems
    > to be working, except the usb 2.0. The motherboard came with a piece
    > that goes in one of the available expansion slots on the case and
    > plugs into 2 of the available usb connectors on the motherboard on the
    > 1394 connectors. I have all of this plugged in (and, I assume,
    > correctly). When I plug any usb device into either of these 2 usb
    > ports, nothing happens. I have WinXP with sp1a installed, and have
    > the latest drivers installed from abit-usa.com.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Hi,

    I suspect you have the pin-headers plugged in wrong, I seem to remember some
    talk of the header diagram layout in the manual being wrong. Actually I
    didn't get around to connecting up my add in USB2.0/Firewire slot yet. .

    Did you try plugging your USB devices into the fixed USB ports? (the one's
    that are permanently attached to the I/O backplate).
    --
    Wayne ][

    Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
    CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
    ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
    512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
    Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
    240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
    Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
    WinXP-PRO-SP1
    Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b
    Wayne Youngman, Oct 23, 2003