    thought I'd ask if anyone else has noticed a reported temp increase with
    this new bios? thx!

    rms
    rms, Jul 25, 2004

  2. rms

    Bob Troll Guest

    Unless I read your first line of the post wrong, you have the version 2.0 of
    the NF7S mainboard. The latest bios I found is the 2.4 for my NF7S v2.0
    boards. There is indeed a 2.5 bios for the earlier models but I have not
    found 2.5 for the version 2.0 boards. Did you flash with the incorrect
    version by chance?

    Regards, Bob Troll

    "rms" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, my temp alarms have started going off occasionally after installing

    the
    > 2.5 v2 NF7-S bios (as well as winxp SP2).
    >
    > This never happened before today (and today's ambient is fairly cool). I

    do

    Bob Troll, Jul 26, 2004

  3. rms

    Shonk Guest

    fine here

    exactly the same

    Shonk, Jul 26, 2004
  4. rms

    rms Guest

    > Unless I read your first line of the post wrong, you have the version 2.0
    > of
    > the NF7S mainboard. The latest bios I found is the 2.4 for my NF7S v2.0
    > boards. There is indeed a 2.5 bios for the earlier models but I have not
    > found 2.5 for the version 2.0 boards. Did you flash with the incorrect
    > version by chance?

    ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/bios/nf7-s_2.0/nf7d25.exe

    rms
    rms, Jul 26, 2004
  5. rms

    Bob Troll Guest

    I'm up about 1 degree C on abiteq after the update. Thanks for the linkage.
    Normally I don't snag directly from the TW ftp server....

    Bob Troll
    Bob Troll, Jul 26, 2004
  6. Anybody know what the new one fixes?

    Airman Thunderbird, Jul 26, 2004
  7. rms

    --oZ-- Guest

    From the release notes....

    "BIOS release 2.5 for NF7 2.0 / NF7-S 2.0 / NF7-V

    Release information:

    [ENGLISH]

    1. Support new version Super IO.
    2. BIOS compile date: 07/06/2004"