NF7-S v2 SATA Raid 1 error

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Steve, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    NF7-S v2

    Problem 1

    Zero fill two Seagate sata drives. Both check fine.

    Load XP_Pro w/ SP2 on first SATA drive and install goes fine.

    Go into 3112A SATA controller either through java interface or SATA Bios (F4
    or Ctrl-S on boot). Establish a mirror, either manually or automatically.

    XP reads "A disk read error occurred. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"

    Break the mirror and it will boot fine. Restore the mirror it gives the same
    error. Break the mirror and it will boot fine.

    I have an identical computer that I used XP-w/ no SP and it installed fine.
    Gotta use the SP2 version as keycode for registration is for that CD. Any
    ideas?

    Problem 2

    Same as above but add an IDE drive into the mix. It will always detect as a
    higher priority drive regardless of where I set the bios boot settings. In
    otherwords, the IDE chain always sees IDE 0 -drive 0 as C:\, which means it
    must carry boot data on it, thus defeating the whole idea of a SATA raid 1
    boot array in case one drive fails.

    I plan to visit my class action attorney in San Francisco if these problems
    can't be resolved. Between Silicon Image, Abit, MS and Seagate, I am sure
    these people can find a solution if they are motivated to.

    Steve

    1. Advertising

  2. I am using SATA Raid 0 on my NF7-S v2 with Windows XP Prof SP2 and no
    problem. I am using the latest SI SATA Raid BIOS and the latest Windows XP
    drivers for the SI 3112A. What BIOS and drivers are you using?

    Mike Bernstein