NF7-S ver 2 -> BIOS Update 25 -> What Is "Supports new version of Super IO"?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Res, Sep 21, 2004.

  1. Res

    Res Guest

    Does anyone one know what "Supports new version of Super IO" of BIOS25 does?

    Is it worth installing?

    TIA

    1. Advertising

  2. Peder

    Peder Guest

    "Res" <> wrote in

    > Does anyone one know what "Supports new version of Super IO" of BIOS25
    > does?
    >
    > Is it worth installing?
    >
    > TIA

    I'm not really sure. I think "Super IO" refers to COM/LPT ports only.
    Since I installed it, I've been meaning to post whether anyone has seen
    disk problems. One of my partitions suddenly showed "Account Unknown" in
    file permissions instead of my account, and another drive displayed "Unable
    to write System Volume Information". Of course, this could be related to
    OC my 2500->3200 and memory wound a little too tight, but it was fine
    previously at v24.

    --
    Peder (Please reply to group only, email invalid)