    like to use memory that isn't reliable at the defaults.

    The mobo works fine at 1T with PNY PC3200 memory containing chips
    marked "BRAVO".

    larry moe 'n curly, Mar 16, 2006

  2. larry moe 'n curly

    Fitz Guest

    I'm running an NForce 3 chipset also, and I couldn't get Kingston's
    performance line of RAM to run reliably in my system. I replaced it with
    Mushkin Level 1 PC3500 (and upped to voltage to 2.7V as recommended by
    Mushkin) and it's rock solid. The Kingston PC3200 went into a NForce 2
    chipset and works great. This certainly doesn't solve your problem, but I
    have my doubts about getting your ValueRAM to run stable at 400MHz
    regardless of the settings.

    Fitz

    Fitz, Mar 16, 2006

  3. Fitz wrote:

    > I'm running an NForce 3 chipset also, and I couldn't get Kingston's
    > performance line of RAM to run reliably in my system. I replaced it with
    > Mushkin Level 1 PC3500 (and upped to voltage to 2.7V as recommended by
    > Mushkin) and it's rock solid. The Kingston PC3200 went into a NForce 2
    > chipset and works great. This certainly doesn't solve your problem, but I
    > have my doubts about getting your ValueRAM to run stable at 400MHz
    > regardless of the settings.

    I guess it's unreasonable for Kingston to make its PC3200 memory
    actually work at PC3200 speeds. ;)

    I tried two 512MB modules of 3-3-3-8 Mushkin PC3200 Enhanced Memory,
    and they were the worst PC3200 sticks I've ever tried and would not
    work reliably at 400 MHz, no matter how much I slowed the other
    parameters. Maybe that's why one manufacturer's list of approved
    modules for its nForce3 mobos lists Mushkin PC3500 but not Mushkin
    PC3200. OTOH the PNY modules I've tried (Bravo chips) all worked fine
    at 1T and 3-3-3-8, even though the SPD specified 3-4-4-8.

    larry moe 'n curly, Mar 16, 2006