No boot on MS-6577

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Paul D.Smith, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. Paul D.Smith

    Paul D.Smith Guest

    Can someone tell me whether there is any hope for am MS-6577 that fails to
    boot? This is one I'm trying to get going for a friend so all bets are off
    as to what they really did to it ;-).

    Symptoms are that the CPU fan starts and keeps going, but that's it.
    Nothing on screen and no beeps.

    I've tried new power supply and a different (known working) processor.

    There doesn't seem to be any indication that it tries to access an attached
    floppy drive to I don't think the various BIOS recovery options are
    possible.

    So, dead or worth getting the BIOS EEPROM reblown?

    Thanks,
    Paul DS.