    otherwise?

    Thanks!

    , Sep 14, 2007

  2. yock1960 wrote:

    | I just purchased a Hitachi SATA II HD and am trying to install it
    | on a VT7 MB (this is my 1st try at a SATA drive). The VT7
    | supports SATA I, but I was hoping I could get away with this
    | drive. Unfortunately, the RAID BIOS won't detect the drive and
    | I see no jumpers on this drive to put it into SATA I mode like I
    | have read that can be done on other drives (WD). The drive
    | was OEM, so I don't have any info on it and I didn't come up
    | with anything from Hitachi's website either, so I don't know if
    | the fact that there are no jumpers means that this drive 'auto-
    | detects' or if there is a problem with my motherboard. Anyone
    | have any experience with this motherboard and SATA? I have
    | yet to check into BIOS revsions and whether I need to flash a
    | new BIOS. Any suggestions otherwise?
    |
    | Thanks!

    Hitachi's Feature Tool from the following link (scroll down a bit) is used
    to change various features and settings on their drives, including setting
    the maximum SATA speed.

    This is a DOS-bootable tool.

    http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

    I'm unsure if the program will detect your drive if your system cannot ..
    but worth a shot.

    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Sep 14, 2007