    during the XP setup with error codes 0x0000007B and 0XF78D2524.

    Obviously I don't know what I'm doing so I need some hand-holding. Any help?
    (Vista came pre-installed)
    jimrx4, Nov 4, 2007

  2. I've done this on a number of machines including Gateway laptops, but it
    is so totally model specific that I can't give you "generic" help and I
    don't have your model number. It might be worth investing in a USB
    floppy drive. It's likely that you need an "F6" driver, although on
    some systems the bios will do SATA to IDE emulation, and on other
    systems it's possible to get an F6 driver successfully installed from a
    USB flash drive.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 5, 2007