    I've tried disabling the MiniVFX driver but with no luck.

    Thanks,
    Jack

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Jun 9, 2004

  2. Hi again,

    Damn Matrox. Apparently they "don't support power saving". Well done
    Matrox. You sloppy engineering has increased the world's total power
    consumption.

    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000056#000000
    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000018#000000
    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000026#000000
    http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rtx10/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000003#000001

    It seems it might be possible to setup a new hardware profile that excludes
    the Matrox driver. Then chose on startup.

    I'll give it a go and get back to you.

    Jack

    "Daniel Kelly (AKA Jack)" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > My PC refuses to go into standby. It complains that "The device driver

    for
    > the 'Matrox MiniVFX' device is preventing the machine from entering

    standby.

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Jun 9, 2004

  3. I've now got two hardware profiles. Both profiles are identical except one
    has all the Matrox Video drivers disabled. I can now go into standby in
    this hardware profile.

    Does anyone have a more elegant solution?

    Many thanks,

    Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\), Jun 9, 2004
  4. Daniel Kelly \(AKA Jack\)

    Rolf Fack Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    try out the latest version of the Matrox XTools (afaik 6122)

    Greetings from Switzerland, Rolf

    --
    Rolf Fack
    2. Stellvertretender Vorsitzender TEAM StarOffice e.V.

    Rolf Fack, Oct 8, 2004