No usb

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by athena, Mar 30, 2011.

  1. athena

    athena Guest

    I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb port
    stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless interne
    only.
    Any ideas to fix it

    1. Advertising

  2. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    On 30/03/2011 10:50, athena wrote:
    > I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb ports
    > stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless internet
    > only.
    > Any ideas to fix it?

    Have you tried re-booting it?

    What OS are you running? What anti-virus software?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    1. Advertising

  3. athena

    athena Guest

    Windows xp pro serice pack 3
    Avast antivirus

    Yes, I have tried many times rebooting, as well as system restore (thi
    operation is not working as well)

    Roger Mills;1280828 Wrote:
    > On 30/03/2011 10:50, athena wrote:
    > > I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb ports
    > > stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless internet
    > > only.
    > > Any ideas to fix it?
    > >

    > Have you tried re-booting it?
    >
    > What OS are you running? What anti-virus software?
    > --
    > Cheers,
    > Roger
    > ____________
    > Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldo
    >
    > checked

  4. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    On 01/04/2011 20:58, athena wrote:
    > Windows xp pro serice pack 3
    > Avast antivirus
    >
    > Yes, I have tried many times rebooting, as well as system restore (this
    > operation is not working as well)
    >

    > Roger Mills;1280828 Wrote:
    >> On 30/03/2011 10:50, athena wrote:
    >>> I have a DELL Latitude X300. Suddenly the function of all usb ports
    >>> stopped, including the cd. I have full access to wireless internet
    >>> only.
    >>> Any ideas to fix it?
    >>>

    >> Have you tried re-booting it?
    >>
    >> What OS are you running? What anti-virus software?
    >> --
    >> Cheers,
    >> Roger
    >> ____________
    >> Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom
    >>
    >> checked.

    Have you looked in Device manager at the status of the USB ports? Can it
    find any? Does it say they're operating normally? (or does it show a
    yellow question mark, indicating a problem?)
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

  5. athena

    athena Guest

    Yes. The Device manager reports that all ports are fine. Could it be
    memory overload problem? It started when it was left decked for 2 days
    it seems like it never came out of the stand-by operation concernin
    usb.

    cheers