    every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
    replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
    Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)
    Martin Pick, May 13, 2005

  2. Martin Pick

    JAD Guest

    PSU not up to the task?
    You are currently using an AGP vid card, have your tried a PCI version?
    AGP settings are out of wack in the cmos?, try clearing and set bios to
    defaults.

    JAD, May 13, 2005

  3. Martin Pick

    Phil Weldon Guest

    Replace the motherboard.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, May 13, 2005
  4. Martin Pick

    Conor Guest

    In article <>, Martin Pick says...
    > i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
    > 3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
    > fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs to
    > the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
    > 9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram in
    > it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the bios
    > every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
    > replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
    > Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)

    Onboard graphics and BIOS set to boot from onboard?

    --
    Conor

    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." O.Osbourne.
    Conor, May 15, 2005
  5. Martin Pick

    Martin Pick Guest

    "Conor" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, Martin Pick says...
    >> i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
    >> 3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
    >> fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs
    >> the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
    >> 9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram
    >> in
    >> it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the
    >> bios
    >> every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
    >> replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
    >> Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)
    >>

    > Onboard graphics and BIOS set to boot from onboard?

    No onboard vga and according to asrock website, cpu is fully supported.
    Martin Pick, May 15, 2005
  6. Martin Pick

    Shep© Guest

    On Fri, 13 May 2005 22:36:37 +0100 If I have seen farther it is
    because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "Martin Pick"
    <> wrote :

    >i`ve had this Asrock P4VT8+ m/b for a while but no cpu to install. Got a
    >3GHz prescott P4 recently and fitted it. Everything seems to boot up, all
    >fans spin, optical drives light up, hdd initialises but nothing outputs to
    >the monitor. I`ve tried various gfx cards (all radeon cards - 9700, 9600,
    >9250) and tested the monitor. All work in other systems. I had 1GB of ram in
    >it (1x512 and 2x256), took all out and put the 512 in slot 1. reset the bios
    >every time i changed something. No dice. Am i missimg something before i
    >replace the m/b? any help appreciated.
    >Sorry about x-posting, trying for max input :)

    Replace the CMOS battery?
    It may have discharged being left and they are cheap.

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply