Northbridge Fan for KT7A RAID V1.3?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by knowone@knowhere.invalid, Nov 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    The northbridge fan on my KT7A RAID V1.3 mobo is not working
    very well. It was stopped completely, but I oiled it and it
    at least spins now, but it speeds up and slows down and is
    noisier than I like, so I'd like to replace it.

    It attaches to the heatsink with four screws. Does anyone
    know of a place that sells one that will fit in its place?

    I'd prefer just to replace the fan and keep the heatsink, if
    possible.

    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Newell

    Wes Newell Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:11:56 +0000, knowone wrote:

    > The northbridge fan on my KT7A RAID V1.3 mobo is not working
    > very well. It was stopped completely, but I oiled it and it
    > at least spins now, but it speeds up and slows down and is
    > noisier than I like, so I'd like to replace it.

    Just take it off. It doesn't need a fan. If you're worried about it, get a
    larger passive HS, or a 40mm fan of your choice.

    http://www.nexfan.com/40mmfans1.html

  3. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    lid wrote:
    > The northbridge fan on my KT7A RAID V1.3 mobo is not working
    > very well. It was stopped completely, but I oiled it and it
    > at least spins now, but it speeds up and slows down and is
    > noisier than I like, so I'd like to replace it.
    >
    > It attaches to the heatsink with four screws. Does anyone
    > know of a place that sells one that will fit in its place?
    >
    > I'd prefer just to replace the fan and keep the heatsink, if
    > possible.

    I ran mine without a fan for years....you should be fine doing the same.

    -Dylan C