    working operating system for the BIOS Update

    Maybe this is the right group

    REgards Knut
    Knut Krueger, Sep 5, 2008

  2. Knut Krueger

    Robert Miles Guest

    "Knut Krueger" <> wrote in message
    news:g9rh7j$kr3$03$-online.com...
    > Hi to all,
    > the HP support ask me to do a complete Vista Recovery to get the BIOS
    > Update for an Pavilion DX6000 working.
    > The original problem was a not working wireless adapter, so they asked me
    > to do a bios update.
    > This would be the first PC since 20 years where I need a installed working
    > operating system for the BIOS Update
    >
    > Maybe this is the right group
    >
    > REgards Knut

    ..
    They asked me to do a complete Vista recovery when the PC Health
    program they included wouldn't run; it kept saying it wasn't installed.
    Eventually I got it to say that it was installed, but it still wouldn't
    complete
    any attempts to run it.

    Enough of the software on my Compaq Presario PC would run that
    I was able to complete a BIOS update.
    Robert Miles, Sep 5, 2008

  3. Knut Krueger

    Knut Krueger Guest

    >> REgards Knut

    > .
    > They asked me to do a complete Vista recovery when the PC Health
    > program they included wouldn't run; it kept saying it wasn't installed.
    > Eventually I got it to say that it was installed, but it still wouldn't
    > complete
    > any attempts to run it.
    >
    > Enough of the software on my Compaq Presario PC would run that
    > I was able to complete a BIOS update.

    I did some further checks, there is a hardware error:
    Network device, Wireless card, HD, seems that the motherboard is broken

    Thank`s Knut
    Knut Krueger, Sep 5, 2008